Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Whats your opinion on my training?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
:rolleyes:.................................

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have been in and out of the gym since I was 15. in my teen years I just cared about getting big, in my 20s I had hit my peak. (with some help) I mostly trained heavy to look as huge as possible. 30s come along and marriage and kids and I loose my gains but maintained some. I have always listened to other people, stuck to programs and did everything based on valid research when it came to training. Once I hit 40 I got fat. I was 240 pounds and I am 5.11. So started something new. (new for me)
I train initially to max out to lift heavy. After I train heavy I go very light and finish with high reps till failure. I do this with every exercise. Honestly I really like it. I feel its what my body has been telling me what it wants to do. So here is my first post. Whats are opinions on training this way. In a year with this type training I dropped 60 pounds and the abs are almost there. I find myself more cut with my old gains still showing and I feel much better. In a nutshell moderate to high weight doing high reps. So whats your opinion on this training? I only ask because I see in the gym I am prob one of the only ones who train this way and I feel great !!!

Congratulations on losing so much weight and getting lean again. That is a significant accomplishment.

My coach trains me as you describe (go low reps until I get close to max weight, then drop weight and do a couple volume sets) on certain exercises and for some workouts. I love those training sessions. But this is only a technique it lacks programming that works toward a specific goal.

If I were you I would set some long term goals (fitness, strength, size, or what have you) and expand on this good start by coming up with an overall program that works toward the goal, then expand on your techniques so this is one of many that you use to reach your goals. Good luck and keep the positive attitude!

Ww.

Marchosias

Marchosias

Feb 6, 2018
Congratulations on losing so much weight and getting lean again. That is a significant accomplishment.

My coach trains me as you describe (go low reps until I get close to max weight, then drop weight and do a couple volume sets) on certain exercises and for some workouts. I love those training sessions. But this is only a technique it lacks programming that works toward a specific goal.

If I were you I would set some long term goals (fitness, strength, size, or what have you) and expand on this good start by coming up with an overall program that works toward the goal, then expand on your techniques so this is one of many that you use to reach your goals. Good luck and keep the positive attitude!

Ww.
Thank you. One other thing I started doing which is amazing that I have never done before and if you are not doing these you better start and I know you will agree. DEADLIFTS !!!! I am kicking myself in the ass for not doing these since day 1. To anyone listening, unless due to physical restrictions, you should be doing deadlifts. Thanks for the reply. As for long term goals, its the gut. I need to really get that 6-pack back that I have not seen since my 20s. After that I want to bulk up my legs a bit more.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic