Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Whats everybody's best shoulder workout

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
Whats everybody's best shoulder workout??

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Seated Military Press.
Upright Rows.
Standing Arnold shoulder presses.
bent over dumbell rows.

P

pakina9

Mar 20, 2013
Barbell Military press
Cable Pull to chins
Dumbell Side arm raises with arms stiff

bronco

bronco

Jun 22, 2012
Got to be military press with DB or BB

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Press.

I also like to do the following prior to and after my shoulder workouts:

5lb DB no rest

Front Raise x25
Lateral Raise x25
Bent Lateral Raise x25
Upright Rows x25
Hip Wide Upright Rows x25
Internal Rotation x25
External Rotation x25
Military Press x25

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Presses are a must whether DB or BB

Upright rows
rear delts
shrugs
lat raises, front raises

and usually some superset to get a good pump and some high volume.

example...plates front raises
45 x 10, 35 x 10, 25 x 10 right into arnold's seated with like 35's or 40's for 10-15.....do that 3 times and then good luck washing your hair after...

R

rusty

Feb 25, 2013
I've heard from good authority that Arnold presses, upright rows & front raises are really bad for your rotators. I've stopped doing them for a few months and my shoulder injury is defo much better. I keep it simple with military and dumbbell presses (also with palms facing for different angle) / side raises / shrugs and reverse flys.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've heard from good authority that Arnold presses, upright rows & front raises are really bad for your rotators. I've stopped doing them for a few months and my shoulder injury is defo much better. I keep it simple with military and dumbbell presses (also with palms facing for different angle) / side raises / shrugs and reverse flys.

with you on this.

4 working sets of military press db or hammer machine (no barbell)
4 sts side raises mostly db sometimes cable
4 sets rear delt rev pec deck or rev db flies
4 sets shrugs

never upright row or front raise for me

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Played (pitched) D1 college ball....been coaching AAU and high school ages for the last 9 years along with 16 years of shoulder issues, mri's x-rays, surgeries etc....I know a thing or two about shoulder problems to say the least.

My rotator cuff was the only thing holding my shoulder in place while I pitched through multiple injuries. I do a lot of lat raises, inverted side raises, upside down 45 degree raises and rear delt exercises to start most shoulder workouts with light DB's..... (there are a bunch but easier to diagram than to name them). Maybe I'm different...

As for upright rows, I like big traps but I never go over 135 as I do get a "click" on my throwing shoulder so I won't disagree with you there midevil.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I always perform another pressing movement after OHP (standing). I rotate them in so it could be Z-Presses, Klokov Presses, or 1-Arm DB Press. I also rotate in front raises, hanging side lat, and rear dealt raises.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic