Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Whats a good protein drink

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Been back working out for a couple of months now I am trying to get stronger an bigger. Just wondering whats a good pro drink to have.

I miss a few meals as are busy so something I could have when I miss meals an for when I work out to would be good.

I'm having mushashi growling dog at the moment. Just a quality brand would be good

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
Any basic whey concentrate/isolate will do, maybe add some oats and even mct's to make yourself a little meal replacement shake, don't depend on them though!

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks mate yeah have seen its not a meal replacement. Just an added boost.

That sounds like what I'm using

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
If you are trying to gain size you can do something like:

2 Scoops whey
1 banana
2 cups milk
2 Tbl Pnut butter
1 Cup oatmeal

Pretty heavy shake and a little difficult to move after but it's good. :)

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Haha that sounds awesome.

I push 5-10 thousand kg of concrete around most days so that might be good in the morning when I find it hard to eat

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
Any basic whey concentrate/isolate will do, maybe add some oats and even mct's to make yourself a little meal replacement shake, don't depend on them though!

What are mct's? cheers mate

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012

He's referring to EFAs (essential fatty acids), or "good" fats. Coconut oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, etc...

I recommend Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. You can buy it cheap at bodybuilding.com.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Amplify XL from GNC other cheap proteins have heavy metals and other crap in them, at least buy high quality product for yourself not wal mart fortress stuff..lol

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Amplify XL from GNC other cheap proteins have heavy metals and other crap in them, at least buy high quality product for yourself not wal mart fortress stuff..lol

That stuff is so awful. lol

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012

'Medium chain triglycerides' if thats spelt right :p healthy fats basically like the man above said, a form of EFA's. You can usually buy them in a basic powder form (easy for taking to work to get your macro's) or you could a a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to your shake to get about 15g of fats in that way, doesn't taste bad as you may think it would.

AverageUser

AverageUser

Mar 24, 2013
I have been a fan of Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex for a long while. Has good protein mix with a few different types, and also has a bunch of other vitamins and other support.

If I want to use as a bit of a meal replacement, which isnt really recommended but sometimes in a hurry works, I might add in some casein as well to slow down the digestion and give it a little heft. I usually liberally sprinkle some ground flax seeds in there as well for their added nutritional benefit and give it a little extra fibre, which can also slow down digestion and add to full feeling.

I find if I am taking that in the morning, especially with my big handful of vitamins and other supps including fish oil, can keep the hunger away if i am busy for a while, or at night can let me have a good night sleep without a big meal before bedtime.

can be found cheaply at most internet retailers, but like many, I got mine on BB.com.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Everything is nasty. Drink eggs whites instead

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic