Blackenalma
What's New?

What would you do??

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
What would you do if you pay for an assigned parking space for months, then get home from work one day and another car is in your garage spot.
Would you call the two company posted and have it towed immediately?
Or would you just let them park there and hopes they move it and don’t do it again?
Or would you put a note on the car telling them it’s your garage and move?

If you want to know what I did, I called the tow company immediately because I was pretty pissed off. I also had a lot of other bad thoughts going through my head of stuff I wanted to do, but didn’t.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
It’s not like you could knock on doors and figure out who it was. If the spot is yours then you can’t park anywhere else without risking being towed yourself. I say fuck em

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
It depends. Another reasonably close spot you could legitimately park in? How much you pay? There a management office who might be able to check the plate in case it was a new resident who just brain farted on the right spot?

I wouldn't just walk away. At the very least I'd leave a note. If there were no other free spots a reasonable distance away, I'd have it towed for sure. I'd balance that with the knowledge that if I left a note or towed, some asshole might key my car in the future because that's how people are these days. I'd take a pic of his car before it was towed so I'd have the plate and description for the police (or for revenge) if something happened to my car.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
If parking is paid for they damn well know that's not their spot, lucky they didnt get 4 flats with that tow lol

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
haha right…. They are lucky nothing else happened during the tow.

Some people just don’t care. And if I knew who it was, I’d say move it, but no freaking clue. And it’s not like I could knock on doors at 11pm nor would I want to. Plus the management did say the car wasn’t registered. Apparently Management did call me and say after hours security needs to put the tow tags on cars and not to do that again that way. So I said fine. I’m at the fuck it stage and tired of people thinking they own everyone else’s stuff. If the roles were reversed I’m sure my ass would be towed too. It’s not rocket science, if you don’t pay for it, and it’s not yours, you don’t get to use it.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I hate that crap. It very clearly says "reserved." I don't care if you were just "unloading some things for 15 minutes." I pay a monthly fee for that spot, and if I want it to sit empty 100% of the time, that is my call. I actually have two spots and before I was finally able to take delivery of a car this week I had ordered last August, I was parking straight up the middle of both spaces. Pisses the residents off, but since I pay for both of them, property management tells them to get bent. Pretty funny, though. Looks like someone trying to flex with a Civic. But now I have a very loud, performance, pure gas car parked right next to the EV section, so I am actually and finally using both spaces.

When I did find someone parking there, I just let property management know, and they put one of those huge, really-hard-to-remove stickers on their window. If the car is still there after a day or so, they tow it.

Fuck people. They know what they're doing. If you let it go, it just encourages it again.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
If it was clearly marked as reserved, then you were within your rights. How long did it take for the tow truck to show up?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I would have them tow it. My old neighbor parked his new car under my carport AT MY HOUSE with a big storm producing hail coming. I got out in pouring rain and used my old work truck to drag it out and parked in my spot.

Next day he was actually pissed saying my car was old and his was new. I simply told him my car is mine and his is his and I do not care if his car gets dinged. We were not friends after that.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
You did the right thing. Only way they "might" learn... Not worth getting into it w/ anyone, a guy got shot over a recent stupid similar incident.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Tow immediately. It's the only way to avoid jail time and handle the situation. If it's clearly marked than it's obviously someone that feels entitled or thinks there are no consequences. They played the game of fk around and find out. Lol

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
What I want to know is what did u do while u waited for tow truck? Was there anywhere else you could park? Like a visitor’s spot a mile away or something? Or was it 2 spaces away? Lol. Or did u have to wait in your car for tow truck to come? What would be funny is if the person that took your spot, did so cause someone took his spot. See where I’m going with this? Lmao. If I had to park a mile away I definitely would have called tow truck. Shit even if I just had to park a few spots down I would have also. But what I like to do is not pop the tire but loosen the scheader core. That way I didn’t actually damage the tire but they still have to deal with a flat tire. And I bet a lot of people don’t even check that shit and just put the donut on and or get it replaced. So I get them to waste their time at minimum. Yay!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic