Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

What to do when injured?

N

ndemeis

Mar 1, 2012
So bad news. I am taking off 6 weeks off due to a pec injury. Going crazy. I am still lifting legs and doing some cardio but doesn't cut it for me (I hate cardio and can't squat so feel pretty useless doing legs).

Was wondering how do you guys keep from going insane when inured?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I just work around it as best I can and focus on other lifts.

I'm dealing with tendonitis in my right elbow at the moment and I'm just working around it till the inflammation goes away and I start pressing heavy again. For now, I'm going to really push my deads and squats till it's under control. I'm also going to squat with a buffalo bar (slightly bent bar) so it takes all pressure off the elbow while I squat.

When you're lifting for strength injures are bound to happen. You just have to work around it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Same here .I work around it. If your squat sucks then now is a good time to focus on it.

N

ndemeis

Mar 1, 2012
Same here .I work around it. If your squat sucks then now is a good time to focus on it.

Sucks my squat and dead lift are my stronger lifts. My bench is really weak comparatively. Guess I will continue with smolov if I can then.

bigbumpkin

bigbumpkin

Dec 13, 2011
injuries SUCK! had a knee replacement--now dealing with a badly flaring sciatica-grrr

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Sorry to hear of the injury......

Keep your head together and let it heal right, just flush it out and don't rush it.

I agree with the above poster that this is your time to work up the squat and deadlift.....

good luck

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
ive allways worked around injuries...and let me tell ya...in over 25 years of this shit ive lost count how many times ive been injuryed....i will say just stting around is not the answer..do what the people above told u to do....plus if its just a pec injury u can still work shoulders,arms,lats and legs...it all comes down to how bad u want it...have u heard that saying no pain no gain,,,well in your situation that statement counts....dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic