Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What plans do you have for New Year's Eve and Day for 2024?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Most of us are probably middle aged to older and will stay home and do nothing, most will probably be asleep before midnight, lol.

However, lets post up what we are doing anyway:)

New Year's Eve, nothing planned, but I know that the kids stated they wanted Panda Express, so we'll probably hit that up for dinner....i'll probably stop off at In n Out for myself, lol. I have ice cream and a few deserts ready for the night, as well as some snacks. If I can get into it, i'll probably get to some board games with my kiddos. We're not going out or anywhere though. It gets pretty crazy out here for about 20-30 minutes with everybody shooting their guns off, and upward of an hour.

New Year's day, i'm gonna cook up some Portuguese white beans and linguica. I'll probably have a side of black-eyed peas just for any luck they bring...just simple out of the can and seasoned, LOL! Not sure what else.

Will hit chest/shoulders/tris later that day.

Anybody else?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Staying home and doing nothing but hoping we get no celebratory gun fire hitting our home. Gets pretty crazy here too. Sounds like the end of the world. The smoke is so bad you can't see anything.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
To slay a couple clients who are returning from holiday block leave that probably got really fat.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Staying home, having neighbors over on Eve and making another prime rib and napping on Day.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Going to the neighbors house for a sleepover on Eve then having Prime Rib and taking a nap on Day....

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Putting up Xmas stuff, gonna smoke ribs tonight and tomorrow ham and beans (I like blackeyed peas but love pinto beans) I have my smoked hambone from my Xmas ham. Onion and peppers it's delicious.

Tonight I will be in bed by 10pm. Hope the knuckleheads kitty corner from us do not shoot off fireworks as I have come very close to beating the dad to a bloody pulp in the past and loosing my fav uncle 2 weeks ago and having to put my dog down has me on a hair trigger. Also got to worry about stray bullets falling from the sky.

I will go do leg day tomorrow.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
LOL… @jipped genes hope you have fun putting up your Christmas decorations.

Got a turkey I’m smoking, take down all the Christmas stuff. Laundry and relax. Will go workout later. Tomorrow, relax and then go workout and get suitcases packed for work Tuesday.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I forgot about the Christmas lights. I was thinking about doing them on the 1st, but I strained my back last night doing squats, so I may wait until later in the week. Not that they are hard to take down, but that is where my mind is at right now, haha.

I just realized I was not thinking straight last night and soaked my beans overnight thinking today was the 1st, LOL! So I may make them today. They are usually even better the following day, so I don't mind. Still gonna hit In N Out tonight:D

@jipped genes are you making any corn bread to go with the beans? Sounds good. Sorry about the dog and uncle, brother:(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic