Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

What medical problems do you have?

S

sniper33

Sep 19, 2010
I have been on here a while but I dont post much...but I read a lot of the threads...and cannot help but notice the amount of guys with serious medical problems, hypertension, previous MIs, cardiac arrest, CHF, cardiomyopathies, strokes...etc. Do you think that AAS use had anything to do with your condition? Somehow I think I know the answer to this.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Everything you mentioned has been linked to low test.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
All of those conditions/diagnoses have a genetic/hereditary component to them as well. Much like something as benign as Male Pattern Baldness, ASS can exacerbate pre-existing issues. There are very few absolutes in anatomy and physiology.

I am 42yrs (43 in 2mos) and aside from hypertension (controlled) I have no issues despite over 12yrs of AAS, 24yrs of powerlifting and bodybuilding. My father had a quadruple bypass and 4 MIs before he was 38. My 36yrs brother is on Lipid lowering drugs and two HTN meds. My 45yrs brother had his MI at 40 and is on HTN meds and Lipid lowering drugs too. We all inherited the same genetic stew, I am certain my level of training is part of the reason I have been fortunate too avoid serious medical issues.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This is why bloodwork is important...

Other than actual injuries from powerlifting, I have no other health conditions from aas use. If I get carried away with sugars or salt in my diet while on a blast my BP will increase temporarily until the bloating comes down. And I would be grouped in the "higher dose" category of people on this board.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I am not saying aas abuse doesn't exacerbate health problems because it absolutely does.....but take a look at any large work force, church, or any large group of people and you will find the same problems. Here, most of actually care about our health, and want to improve it, unlike most of the world.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
AAS use did not cause problems for me but helped heal me

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
have had hypertension prior to any AAS use. The only thing that I worry about is that I have put a lot of muscle on late in life.....your heart is a muscle and an enlarged heart would not be good. Thus far, my older years have been stellar and my labs are on point. I am due for a full blown physical (complete with colonoscopy) so we will see if this still holds true. IMO, if you truly get labs done and are educated about usage, AAS is definitely a tool to use to gain quality years of life. You certainly have to consider predispositions to what you mentioned above and get educated.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy from a bad ankle break a few years ago. I'm 36 so I'm thankful that's the worst I've had to deal with so far.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Blood work twice a year and regular blood pressure checks is what I recommend.blood pressure is so so critical.to many of us worry about our cholesterol but the hidden killer is not monitoring our blood pressure.how do I know this I have lost 3 friends over the last 5 years from it.

Aug 2, 2013
My blood work has always been great, my injuries tend to stem from sports/physical activity. I had a really bad car accident that messed up my back and broke my clavicle so I had to go through a year of PT to get that back in order, kept me off gear for 2 years as well. My most recent injury was a cycling (bicycle) accident and I smashed my hip up something fierce (severe hip pointer, my left side was 4 inches bigger than my right at the worst). Had to stay off my feet for about 2 weeks, then from there I couldn't do anything lower body but I believe that aas kept me going for the most part. I started back with my full routine about a week or two ago and its like I never missed a beat (this was after 6 weeks of light upper body work). I do routinely get my blood work done bc its better to be safe than sorry.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
anxiety up the ass is really my only medical condition, plenty of work related injuries/ surgeries though.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
My only real medical issue is my enlarged prostate. It caused me problems with frequent urination, but I am on a new medication that works great actually. Only one side effect, just a little bit of cotton mouth every now and then when I wake up, but other then that I am fine. I was actually frustrated for months at the urologist and he was baffled too. We couldn't figure out the problem, went through so many tests, etc. I was tired of being poked and prodded. The last straw was the camera that had to be shot down my pee pee hole, man that was awful. Worst 5 minutes of my life.. My worst 10 minutes was a biopsy on my prostate, I dont wish that on anyone. But dont worry, most of you guys will be going through it when you get older anyways.. Dont forget to do your enema.. :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic