Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What is wrong with the youth of today?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
NZ needs to outlaw scissors and knives thus ending the problem..............just ask the anti-gun crowd in the USA the problem is NOT the people commiting the crimes but the inanimate objects themselves

darnstrong

darnstrong

Nov 3, 2010
I blame the parents for not being allowed to beat their kids.

Spare the ROD, Spoil the child..

I remember growing up, 90% of the reason for me not doing something stupid, was knowing my French/Canadian mom would smack my head off my shoulders if she ever found out.
Kids now a days don't have that fear. They have the CAS and the law on their side.. so they now they can get away with pretty much anything... sad really.. we made them who they are...

Last edited:
B

Bighawk1

Jan 17, 2014
Things like camping, shooting and fires are considered too dangerous these days.

I think a lot of this started when schools began instituting "no fail" policies. You could get a D and nothing lower and therefore would never be held back a grade. That's as far back as I can trace this. Slowly policies were built on top of that. Common Core is the pinnacle of these policies and their crowning achievement. No child can be wrong. Or at least they can't be told they are wrong.

Kids today have grown up in a world where they almost never feel disappointment, a loss, fault or blame for any of their own actions. In reality, you can't actually shelter a person from these things. But the attempts to do so cause these kids to be overly sensitized and uncomfortable with those feelings. Most of us were desensitized in our youth being told sometimes frequently that we got it wrong and its our fault. We learned to work harder at things.

So not knowing what to do with themselves when they are told no, they lash out in anger.

We see their sense of entitlement, impatience and poor work ethic on the boards from time to time. A 16 year old who wants to be the biggest guy on the football field, or even just to look good during the summer without a shirt will instead of learning diet and intense training principles, will resort to steroids without batting an eye.

This is just my .02 from my own observations. Some of those observations come from something as small as a 6 year difference between me and my youngest brother. Our attitudes about things have been vastly different even though our personalities are almost identical. He grew up and went through school in an entirely different environment from me. The no fail policies I mentioned had just began as I was entering my sophmore year of high school. So he coasted right through school from 6-12th grade. His sense of entitlement was enormously apparent. It took a severe substance abuse addiction, much time in jail and the whole family shunning him for him to snap out of this. He is an entirely different person over the last year and a half and I couldn't be more proud.

Good post.

L

Lou0178

Dec 2, 2013
lazy and spoiled. I worked with some 14 yearolds for a while in my church and I could not get through to them. They wanted to do nothing but play on their computer or xbox. I was an Eagle Scout by the time I turned 14. I spent my whole youth outside camping, shooting, starting fires. Parents and teachers are lazy and let the internet and TV teach
After being in the Boy Scouts, the natural progression is bodybuilding...

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Prime example of the no fail policy is my GF's yougest, D's and I's across the board, moved to FOURTH grade assuming he passes the required State test which I am praying he didn't.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
My take, it's plain n simple a lack of firm parenting and discipline. Parents either try to be friends or spoil the shit out of their kids. That and the broken homes with no Father, decent Father role, in the home.
Guns, knives even explosives were waaay easier to get when I was a yoiungster and this kind of crap rarely if ever happened

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
My take, it's plain n simple a lack of firm parenting and discipline. Parents either try to be friends or spoil the shit out of their kids. That and the broken homes with no Father, decent Father role, in the home.
Guns, knives even explosives were waaay easier to get when I was a yoiungster and this kind of crap rarely if ever happened

Pretty much....I think you could get a tommy gun at a hardware store in the fifties but you never saw any school shootings or shit like this.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic