Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

What happened to Rich Gaspari?

grayclaws

grayclaws

Aug 23, 2011
Yes he has a major left pec tear in the second photo.
My left pec is exactly the same. I gave up on ever competing after I did that injury.Its nice to see him in there still, with that left pec tear and his condition is so much better in the second picture. Maybe more tren and less drol.

Don't let that stop you from competing. Look at my pic. I did my first show back from a full left pec tear. There's just some exercises I know longer do. Any barbell press is one of them.

H

Hooah39

Apr 10, 2011
I remember when Rich won the Arnold in 1989. I think There were many decisions that led to him leaving. Bodybuilding went to another level in the early nineties, with the likes of Kevin,Porter, and Matarazzo. I'm not saying these guys did but Insulin,implants and the use of synthol really took off, but that's my opinion.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I believe he was interviewed and listed all the things that happened in his life, like starting his own supplement line. It took a toll on him. I for one would pick the 94 profile over the 85 one. Look at the definition of the quads alone.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Under the Weider regime the Night Of Champions was a show to highlight new talent and considered a good starting place for a new pro to establish themselves .Gaspari even doing such a show would be merely to show his face and get paid ,for sure he had some of the issues mentioned and at this particular show I think Tony Pearson and a few others competed without their hearts being '' in it ".

B

bigdave1967

Nov 18, 2011
Gaspari was one of my heroes as a young man, and I followed his career throughout the 80s and 90s. He still has a great physique, but not really competitive against the likes of a Cutler, Coleman, or even Heath. That pec tear was obvious to those of us rooting for him, and it really affected the look of his upper body. Also, the early 90s was a big posh to "clean up" bodybuilding, so guys were coming off the gear early enough before the show to pass a random drug test, especially after Shawn Ray was stripped of his Arnold Classic title for failing his test, so that affected the look as well.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
He decided to help all by creating his supp line ? Lol all joke aside my fave line as far as taste goes as I won't choke down nasty whey

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
looks way better in 94 than 85. If he looked like that in 85 and took third in the O then Im baffled at what his competition looked like.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
peaked early...everything cought up to him i guess... he looks good as of today just sayin

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I saw an interview with him not long ago on you tube. I tried to find it to link but no luck. He lives in Thailand and is working on a clothing line. If I find the interview I'll link it.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Pretty old thread but interesting. Looks like he spends those ten years doing more squats.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I saw an interview with him not long ago on you tube. I tried to find it to link but no luck. He lives in Thailand and is working on a clothing line. If I find the interview I'll link it.

I think you are referring to Gary Strydom. Who still looks incredible for his age.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic