Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

What happened to Rich Gaspari?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think the admin said it best. During the 80's it was a different era and so he was able to do well. Builds like his did do well back in the 80's but in the 90's the smaller packages got swept under the table. The 90's was the dawn of the mass monsters and the smaller guys got overlooked.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think the later picture has him lookin harder and dryer... Muscle maturity kicked in early for him. He still keeps a good physique to this day

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
The dude in the background scares the shit outta me

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I met Rich around 1986. it was off season and he was guest posing at a show. He was massive. He looked like he had 20" guns when I saw him. He dwarfed all the competitors at the show as well. Wasn't he around 220 versus 195 for the shows?

His pecs are lagging because it definitley looks like a pec tear in the later pic.

Last edited:
usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I want to say that it was late 80's early 90's that the IFBB actually got serious about drug testing. Then they dropped it as you can tell by the massive size increases starting with Dorian Yates 6 Mr.Olympia wins. I believe Yates was one of the first mass monsters on stage.

Rich Gaspari realized there was no money in pro bb'ing and intelligently got into the supplement biz.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Also, remember that the 90's is when the "mass monster" look became very popular. With the exception of Shawn Ray, the judges were placing the bigger guys ahead of the smaller, leaner BB's.

And you're right, MM, Gaspari looks great now.

True that's when insulin use became rampant and the freaky huge came into vogue. Of course the Shawn rays, lee labradas were the more aesthetically pleasing in my book too

Wheyrage

Wheyrage

Jun 26, 2011
I read somewhere he hurt himself doing deads. Actually paralyzing half his body... He was out for a while and weider had canceled his contact.. Thats when he decided he couldn't count on his body to make money and started the supp bussines.

buffgirl33

buffgirl33

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
He is making millions selling his own line!!!!! I think that is way better thing!! and Liz looks awesome as well!!

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
maybe he didnt want to take all the drugs needed to be a freak?

Thats what I was thinking. Probably one of the few smart ones.. He took the right step in selling supplements for sure. Thats where the money is at.. Ill bet money Gaspari doesnt even know what follistain is..lol

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Deffinetly a left pec tear.

Yes he has a major left pec tear in the second photo.
My left pec is exactly the same. I gave up on ever competing after I did that injury.Its nice to see him in there still, with that left pec tear and his condition is so much better in the second picture. Maybe more tren and less drol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic