Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What foods help to cleanse your skin (don't mention greens)?

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Yeah I know...sugar is a no, no and junk food takes the back burner. But if you are not a fan of greens or even fruits, what other foods have helped to cleanse your skin?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I'm not sure how to answer this one so let me please ask a question?.?. What do you mean by cleanse the skin? Are you talking about detoxifying by eating certain foods? That's a very vague question maybe if you said what you are trying to accomplish would be a better direction to be able to answer properly.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I'm not sure how to answer this one so let me please ask a question?.?. What do you mean by cleanse the skin? Are you talking about detoxifying by eating certain foods? That's a very vague question maybe if you said what you are trying to accomplish would be a better direction to be able to answer properly.
I see what you mean. "Cleanse your skin" = get rid of acne

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Not sure if it would help with acne, but I do an apple cider vinegar concoction:

1 tbs of ACV
1 tbs of lemon juice
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of raw honey

Take a cup of warm water or I heat it up in the microwave and mix and shoot it down. I think its helped with appetite suppression, gut health and etc. But they claim ACV alone has a lot of therapeutic qualities including skin health. I usually do this in the morning and before bed.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Carnivore (possibly Keto) is effective for acne and other skin troubles.
Examples of testimonials: https://community.revero.com/?s=Acne

I can also recommend implementing a consistent fasting routine (something like a 16/8 intermittent pattern) for skin troubles. Look into fasting for acne, fasting for skin disease.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Carnivore (possibly Keto) is effective for acne and other skin troubles.
Examples of testimonials: https://community.revero.com/?s=Acne

I can also recommend implementing a consistent fasting routine (something like a 16/8 intermittent pattern) for skin troubles. Look into fasting for acne, fasting for skin disease.
Thanks for sharing.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Not sure if it would help with acne, but I do an apple cider vinegar concoction:

1 tbs of ACV
1 tbs of lemon juice
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of raw honey

Take a cup of warm water or I heat it up in the microwave and mix and shoot it down. I think its helped with appetite suppression, gut health and etc. But they claim ACV alone has a lot of therapeutic qualities including skin health. I usually do this in the morning and before bed.
Thanks for the recipe.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I heard certain mushroom extracts combos help the skin. Also I used to have Acne issues for years, but when I switched to a natural Tea Tree face wash and natural body soap everything started clearing up. I still get occasional, but it’s rare.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I heard certain mushroom extracts combos help the skin. Also I used to have Acne issues for years, but when I switched to a natural Tea Tree face wash and natural body soap everything started clearing up. I still get occasional, but it’s rare.
Heard about the mushroom thingy, but not sure which. I'd have to do more research. Tea tree is actually effective, but I noticed it dried up my skin, maybe from too much use...lol...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
As far as diet goes watch sugar intake as they are a huge contributor to feeding acne.

Sebum is produced by your body's sebaceous glands and if you "cleanse" too much then your body can go into hyperdrive and make too much sebum and cause breakouts.

What you have to find out is if you have an unusual amount of acne is what is the root cause. YES, I know most people on here with ance are because of AAS use but what is the root cause.

In many cases, high bacteria can cause more ance so you have to treat according to what YOU need not what others might need if that makes sense.

Many people find that are using AAS washing with Nizoral shampoo (Ketoconazole) helps cut down on acne because it kills fungal infections which most people assume ance is always bacterial and treating a fungus with an antibacterial drug can actually cause more issues.

If you are looking at only the "internal" method (drugs) using minocycline or doxycycline will fight acne from the inside out but again depending on the root issue you have to treat it with a proper drug.

Adapalene (Differin) topical works well for many it is a retinoid so be careful if going out in the sun or tanning.

Halo laser treatment works very well but is painful and expensive but works for a long while.

Carrots, sweet potatoes, blueberries, pumpkin. Any foods that are high in zinc.

TONS of water.

** This is advice from my Daughter that has been an esthetician for over 13 years.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Heard about the mushroom thingy, but not sure which. I'd have to do more research. Tea tree is actually effective, but I noticed it dried up my skin, maybe from too much use...lol...

get Four sigmatic or Sacred 7 mushroom blend. Try both, I liked Sacred 7 better.

In various studies, Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps, Shiitake and Tremella mushroom have all been scientifically proven to be the best medicinal mushrooms for supporting overall skin health.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
get Four sigmatic or Sacred 7 mushroom blend. Try both, I liked Sacred 7 better.

In various studies, Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps, Shiitake and Tremella mushroom have all been scientifically proven to be the best medicinal mushrooms for supporting overall skin health.
Doesnt my semen do the same thing?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic