Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What Do You Miss Most From When You Where a Kid?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Not having togo to work or getting up at 4am.
Being able to fish & hunt with my Dad (miss him).
But as already said I can relive things through my son whom loves to 'clean and press in my gym..First time he did it he said is this an exercise dad?(he grabbed my 55lb. ez curl bar and did it)I said hell yes you like them Bud keep doin them.......
hes 11 next month 130lbs.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Miss how long days seemed roaming the fields and woods... the freedom..

Not having responsibility or bills to pay...free food and a roof over my head.

I miss everything. the carefree life of living and having fun with zero worries. I miss the country life and the freedom that you have to do whatever the heck you want.

These are the things I miss most. Even though I grew up in kind of a bad home life with alcoholic parents I still loved the little things in life.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Maybe there is a lesson for all of us in this... Some of these things aren't out of our lives for good. If you have young children, unplug them an go out with them. Explore things and teach them about the ants on the sidewalk.

You can ride a bike and act like a kid sometimes... Don't always take things too seriously. Take your vacation time at work and put it to good use. Visit your family, go fishing or read a good book. Go to the park and get in on a pick up game...

R

ragamuffin

Sep 10, 2010
I guess I must be the old man here. I remember cigs for 27cents a pack, 10c candy bars, my allowance per week was a quarter. I miss the innocence of the times, even though Kennedy was killed, it still seemed like a world of wonder. First man on the moon, etc.
I used to roam the streets when I was 7 or 8 at 3:00 am in the morning. My cousin and I would sneak out and go exploring. Cant imagine a little kid doing that now. Yes, family gatherings, almost all my relatives are dead now, so we dont do that anymore. Hunting and fishing with my grandfather, going to church with my grandmother.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic