P

Pure-Elite

Aug 17, 2013
Im reading Dan Brown inferno at the moment

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Normally I'm not a fan of fitness books as I've been reading and living it for close to 40 years and most mainstream books are fad bullshit. However some one here turned me on to the use of voodoo wraps for rehab so I been reading supple as a leopard which basically covers the topic. New ways to heal and peeve injury . Even my college courses aimed toward my CSCS years ago still piss me off as much of it is not as factual as it's made out to be, like I read so many posts where people talk of studies or research to back up? But bodybuilders have always been way ahead of research - experience is the greatest teacher, trial and error. A lot of studies aren't excact. The variables and subjects can be flawed. People think too much - feel don't think

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Just finished reading Mo Farrah's autobiography, was an interesting read.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Reading this one right now. Certainly makes you think about what is happening to our world and how bleak the future is if we continue as we are

main-image-cu.jpg

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Looks like I'm going to knock the dust of one of my favorites... Into Thin Air. The new movie, Everest, coming out in Sept is based on the book and the tragic accident that took place in '96. If you haven't read the book, I suggest you do.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Ah cool thread, never seen it before. So, I'm the organizer of the Michigan Beer and Book Club. We talk about books written in or about Michigan at a pub that serves Michigan craft beer. So I should be able to contribute something regularly. I usually read two book a month (one for my book club, and one for general reading enjoyment).

Just finished reading:
1) "The Life You've Imagined" (for book club) ... total chick lit, but it wasn't too bad
2) "The Unseen Forest: A Year's Watch in Nature" - which I highly recommend for anyone who likes nature/biology books, especially teenagers. Probably the best non-biographical non-fiction I've ever read.

Started reading:
1) "A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach: One Woman's Trek of the Perimeter of Lake Michigan" (for book club)
2) "The City & The City" (part murder mystery, part political thriller, part science fiction)

Looks like I'm going to knock the dust of one of my favorites... Into Thin Air. The new movie, Everest, coming out in Sept is based on the book and the tragic accident that took place in '96. If you haven't read the book, I suggest you do.
If you also listen to audiobooks ... the author himself read this account. And I recommend it. I listened to it on the way to and from work, and I was sitting in the parking lot listening to it during my lunchbreak. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic