Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What an idiot!

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I'm trying to help my girls son because he struggles with weight a little. He is in the 8th grade and plays football. I tought him about complex carbs and talked with him about having some oatmeal instead of the sugary cereals. So his mom told him to eat some oatmeal for breakfast and he said one of the trainers told him not to eat oatmeal because its one of the worst carbs. Wtf?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
wow, I think you should suggest a conference call with his mom and one of the trainers.

You're the one with multiple certifications and 20+ years....don't allow an 8th grader to determine his diet by anyone with more of a benevolent agenda and knowledge than you.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks bro and I'm super frustrated about that. Oh well.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks bro and I'm super frustrated about that. Oh well.

NO!! Fuck that "oh well" shit, don't allow this kid to contribute to the obesity problems that haunt us. Step up and have a meeting when you get back over there with the trainers. Shit, attend one of the training sessions....He may not want to listen to you right away, but if you sit down with a methodical approach to cure the problem, he might absorb your sincerity and knowledge....I think he will if you get active within the issue.

Not to mention, this is one of your purposes in life bro!!! YOu can make a difference!!!..call me after 9p et, I'm finishing up some stuff over the next 90 mins or so.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Wow what an idiot,
I totally understand your frustration.

I've got a 16 year ok girl I'm trying to help

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I ran into this issue when my oldest did
Football and wrestling. The strength coach taught all sorts of bad habits my kid was smart enough to listen to myself and the training crew

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Maybe you needed to specify Quaker old fashioned or steel rolled or something. He may have assumed you meant the flavored instant packets or the shit McDonald's is serving. LOADED with sugar. I always assume peoples stupidity comes from misunderstandings. That's usually the case. Not always though ;)

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Maybe you needed to specify Quaker old fashioned or steel rolled or something. He may have assumed you meant the flavored instant packets or the shit McDonald's is serving. LOADED with sugar. I always assume peoples stupidity comes from misunderstandings. That's usually the case. Not always though ;)

Can't lie, the dunkin donuts oatmeal packs with raisins, apricots etc without the brown sugar are pretty good post workout....I can hit a 7 iron in any direction and hit a DD, I know you can understand.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

I was very and am very direct when talking about nutrition. I told him and his mom the old fashioned oats or steel cut. Non of the quick oats or sugared instant packs. She trusts me and he should by the way I look and eat. I'm starting to think maybe he just doesn't want to eat it?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I was very and am very direct when talking about nutrition. I told him and his mom the old fashioned oats or steel cut. Non of the quick oats or sugared instant packs. She trusts me and he should by the way I look and eat. I'm starting to think maybe he just doesn't want to eat it?

I meant the coach bro... Not the kid.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I meant the coach bro... Not the kid.

Oh lol. Yea I'm thinking that needs to happen. What's the best way to approach him without him calling 911? Some ladies move there purse to the other side when I walk by and I'm a nice guy. If he gets offended etc? I don't know. I wouldn't want anyone coming at me like that. Ok maybe I say look man the oatmeal things statement you made was crazy. Then I tell him politely why he is wrong and tell him to not talk nutrition to the kid because he is teaching him bad habits.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Oh lol. Yea I'm thinking that needs to happen. What's the best way to approach him without him calling 911? Some ladies move there purse to the other side when I walk by and I'm a nice guy. If he gets offended etc? I don't know. I wouldn't want anyone coming at me like that. Ok maybe I say look man the oatmeal things statement you made was crazy. Then I tell him politely why he is wrong and tell him to not talk nutrition to the kid because he is teaching him bad habits.

UHC is kinda right. Start showing up.... Get to know the guy. Then tell him politely why he's wrong and throw up the gunz and explain you know how to eat for athletics.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic