jacobss
What's New?

Waxing nostalgic as the year closes…

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
From the day I got that first box of Andriol from PharmaEurope to today it’s been 22yrs on the boards. I think Mr. BMJ was already a Vet at Mr. Huge’s “Mesomorphs” when I first stepped online (where hasn’t he been?)

Anyway, here’s to the longest running relationship in my life outside of my marriage. Hoping you all have a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year brothers and sisters.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Man, I agree bro. Cheers. It’s been a crazy long ass ride on the boards with plenty of great memories along the way. That’s why I’m thankful for places like TID that keep the tradition alive. Everything new today is oriented around social media and influencer personalities - which is a huge drop off from the quality of interaction that we’ve all enjoyed for so long.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I think I found Meso and or Renegade in 98 or 99. So I’m right there with you old man.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Haha...:D

Was never a Mod over at Meso. I was a member there when it started in the mid-90's though:) I think the main guy at the time was the member Flex. I went there mainly to read articles by certain members like Lyle's 20-wk BodyOpus experience, Duchaine's interviews, and a few other top guys around at the time. After it changed, I hardly went back. Haven't seen that Mr.Huge guy in forever, lol.

@Mike_RN I know I remember you from Iron Trybe. That was a great board for many years, when all the good members left EF and migrated over there. I know they opened a FB group as well, but I never joined that. Their OT and chat forum was one of the best ever. They also had very strong kickass female members too, who all went there after EF as well, lol. Lots of great members all gone:(

But yea, everybody have a great day today, and stay safe!:)

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I think Mr BMJ invented the internet.
I am getting old so I think I first logged on in 1994 with work email. Never had access to internet till 1996. Learned about a couple sites from MM2K miscfitnessweights. Never posted just read bill and Shaun Phillips were there Duchaine and Patrick Arnold Brian raupp. Got on elite ironically posting as George then massive g then after that too many too remember anabolex as a mod ug renegade got fina meso Never was on any open source boards...hooked up on varix then later gfs intense muscle pro muscle knew bass from way back always used his site for info but got the calling wcb when badham died and gfs went dead. Met Lizard over there and invited here.
Pretty much only home now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dang, I didn't realize it has been that long. It has also been 22 years for me since I joined GotFina, young and completely clueless. Now I am just older and somewhat clueless.

Merry Christmas!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think Mr BMJ invented the internet.
I am getting old so I think I first logged on in 1994 with work email. Never had access to internet till 1996. Learned about a couple sites from MM2K miscfitnessweights. Never posted just read bill and Shaun Phillips were there Duchaine and Patrick Arnold Brian raupp. Got on elite ironically posting as George then massive g then after that too many too remember anabolex as a mod ug renegade got fina meso Never was on any open source boards...hooked up on varix then later gfs intense muscle pro muscle knew bass from way back always used his site for info but got the calling wcb when badham died and gfs went dead. Met Lizard over there and invited here.
Pretty much only home now.
Hey! That's pretty much how I got introduced to the internet and forums/newsgroups! LOL

I was in junior college around 1995/96, and after reading about it from a MM2K magazine, I decided to walk over to the college library and check things out. All the writers from the magazines were posting at MFW, and it was like I didn't have to wait for the bi-monthly MM2K to come out anymore, lol. I never posted on MFW (just read everybody), it was probably the most vicious group of posters in existence! I think I was like 20/21. I had been using AAS for a few years prior, but the internet changed everything from that first day I checked it out. I literally spent half a day, every day, in the library for each of the next couple semesters, lol. After Meso and EF opened up, my days of this stuff led me to today. I was not able to really post from 98 to the end of 1999 because i didn't have internet access when I moved away for college, unless i went to the Universities computer library, and it was always just jam-packed full of people that I didn't bother. I got on maybe a dozen times just to check things out. Ironically, a lot happened in that short period......Hulkster's reverse scamming, Leighton's HGH scamming IIRC, a slew of people disappeared or went scammer, and then the private forums started up, like Varix, etc. By 2000, Meso actually went downhill, except for their articles posted to the site, same with MFW, but ironically, EF got super big around that time, as well as many other forums that had just opened up.

EF was such a good board, despite it's drama, in the 90's, and then from like 2000-2005'ish. Once the large mass left to Iron Trybe and AF, it went downhill quite fast.

Duchaine posted not only at MFW, but also on EliteFitnessSelect, which was EF's private forum in the late 90's...which eventually became a pay forum once it died, and Paul wanted to milk it for money. I'm fairly certain that many posts that were hidden on it for years, eventually came out years later by individuals for money, and they claimed it was their thinking. I know Dan also either posted or followed at UG as well because he had it listed in his Dirty Dieting newsletters as a source for info and something else.

In the 90's, both BigCanuck and Juice Monkey wrote their GAINSKEEPER and mail delivery newsletter using info from everybody posting at EF, and probably Bolex too. Paul, aka "George Spellwin," later claimed ownership of those and resold them at EF for money. He was never the author, he totally ripped them off. I ran into BigCanuk just a few years ago, over at Professional Muscle under the name xerxes, and he was just getting back into posting on the forum. I think he got caught up in that email scammer guy(s) that was ripping everybody off, and sites too, and left. There was a member named Maximum OverDrive (MOD) who was pretty popular back in the 90's and early 2000's, and BC had kept in touch with him too.

Anyway....fukk me, getting off the Christmas topic:eek:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic