Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

VIDEO: Jeremy Hoornstra Competition Raw Benches 675 Pounds !

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
1st Place in each body weight division won $1,000 cash at this show. You're not shy about stating your opinion when you're not equipped with any of the facts huh.

Stating my opinion... that's funny cause I am pretty sure there was a question mark at the end of the sentance. That would make it a question not a statement.

You aren't all that bright are you? Please refute that question with more facts about how awesome you are.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
This show was sanctioned by The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation and it was funded by IFBB pro, Branch Warren.

And you think a legit show is one that's ran by Billy Bob the inbred hillbilly from Kentucky instead? Buncha nobodies with GEDs for their education credentials. There's only a few federations in America, who are watched around the world and The Hardcore Powerlifting Federation is one of them.

We run and have ran pro shows at The Olympia Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Emerald Cup, The Ronnie Coleman and The Branch Warren Classic.

Most organizations shows are held inside local gyms and in the 1970s carpeted ballroom at The Super 8 out near the airport in Ohio.

If you can't figure out who's the real deal, then I dunno what to tell you, ha!

OK, let's compare resumes.

I write for Planet Muscle Magazine and for IRON MAN Magazine (two of the biggest bodybuilding magazines in the world.)

I've been a benchpress technical commentator, on national TV, for FOX Sports and for Comcast Sports.

In the past, I've been published in Powerlifting USA, Monster Muscle Magazine, Southern Muscle Plus and in Body Talk Magazine.

I co-wrote Ryan Kennelly's benchpress training manual and I produced and directed his training DVD.

I've ran competitions at The Olympia Expo, The NPC Emerald Cup Expo, The Europa Super Show, The Ronnie Coleman Classic Expo and at The Branch Warren Classic Expo in addition to other venues.

I've announced at The Arnold Classic and The LA FitExpo.

My business endeavours have been sponsored and supported by MHP, Gaspari Nutrition, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Brian Dobson of Metroflex Gym, Josh Bryant, Ivanko Barbell Company, Anderson Powerlifting, Texas Strength Systems, Primo Chalk, Gen X Labs, Bodybuilding.com and by Ultimate Nutrition.

My opinion carries weight in this industry whether you choose to accept it or not.

The lifters were never in danger. Our spotters are 700+ pound competition raw deadlifters.

We sometimes use 100 pound plates and that depends on the logistics of the production.

Texas Power Systems didn't mfg that barbell. It's a Texas Power Bar and those have been mfg by Buddy Capps since the 1980s. And we use a Texas Squat Bar for our squat comps (this was a bench comp, so using a Mastadon squat bar would have been goofy, agree?)

We're WAY bigger than the UPA, RPS and the IPA. We're not larger than the IPF (USAPL) but they're an amateur league outside of their once-a-year Arnold Classic show. And the USAPL is also a drug tested federation (100% drug tested) so that's a different category as we don't get involved in the politics and drama that comes along with drug testing (test beating.)

1st Place in each body weight division won $1,000 cash at this show. You're not shy about stating your opinion when you're not equipped with any of the facts huh.

Dude, get a grip. Pillar of Balance is one of the most solid dudes on here. He knows his stuff and does not trash talk. His questions are legitimate and his points are well made. Maybe he is wrong about this being an advertizing campaign or a sanctioned event. If he is, there is no need to attack him like he is a troll. Make your points but do it without making it personal and we'll all be happy to have your participation on here. . . Your resume sure is impressive enough. But in the end if you are just a prick, then nothing else will matter.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
Why is everyone is an MHP shirt.... my eyes are fine.

Did you even watch the video at the start of this thread?

Everyone's wearing shirts with Gaspari Nutrition & BOAD Apparel logos on them.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Pretty darn impressive!! Not cutting on the guy at all, but did he lock it out at the end? He came out of the hole nice and easy, but got stuck near the top.

Nothing but props to the dude!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Did you even watch the video at the start of this thread?

Everyone's wearing shirts with Gaspari Nutrition & BOAD Apparel logos on them.

That's one video. Look at the rest. What bothers you about the suggestion anyway?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
POB, I have to say, the questions that you asked earlier, about the 100 pound plates, sanctioned fed, and singlets were all questions I had when I first started watching this FED also.

I didn't know if they were sanctioned or not.

If I were gonna go for a any type of record I would DEMAND that I were allowed to wear a singlet because I wouldn't want ANY questions asked later about dept, touching the chest, the pause, any of that.

S

Sean Katterle

Nov 29, 2010
POB, I have to say, the questions that you asked earlier, about the 100 pound plates, sanctioned fed, and singlets were all questions I had when I first started watching this FED also.

I didn't know if they were sanctioned or not.

If I were gonna go for a any type of record I would DEMAND that I were allowed to wear a singlet because I wouldn't want ANY questions asked later about dept, touching the chest, the pause, any of that.

1966 Powerlifting Senior Nationals

18301.jpg

HEY ! LOOK AT THAT !

The original uniform for sanctioned powerlifting was gym shorts and a t-shirt !!! Who would have thunk it? (Answer: Pretty much anyone who knows the sport and the sport's history.)

The singlet was forced upon powerlifters by the Olympic Weightlifting promoters (the same promoters who decided to paint powerlifting as the 2nd rate cousin of Oly lifting.......NOT exactly the type of people I want making marketing decisions for our sport.)

(And you're not in a position to demand anything. You'd do what we instructed you to do and you'd wear what he handed you to wear, or you'd be out in the audience, watching your betters on stage.)

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Sometimes, late at night, I like to sit down to pee because trying to open my eyes is too much trouble and my wife appreciates me not pissing all over the toilet.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Sometimes, late at night, I like to sit down to pee because trying to open my eyes is too much trouble and my wife appreciates me not pissing all over the toilet.

Agreed..... it's hard to aim at that point.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a urinal in your house??

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
It's called a hamper.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic