Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Veterans Day

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I'd like to start by saying, "Happy Veterans Day," to my fellow veterans.

Now the rant. Public schools get the day off to honor those that provide the freedoms they enjoy. ****ing Catholic schools don't, yet they get "All Saints Day" off a couple weeks ago, which means ****-all. Which is more important: a day honoring those that fought for the freedom to practice religion, or a day for dumb ****s with a title, that mean shit, and who Catholics think possess magical powers?

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Happy Veteran's day same thing, wishing to all my fellow Vets... Have a good day!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'd like to start by saying, "Happy Veterans Day," to my fellow veterans.

Now the rant. Public schools get the day off to honor those that provide the freedoms they enjoy. ****ing Catholic schools don't, yet they get "All Saints Day" off a couple weeks ago, which means ****-all. Which is more important: a day honoring those that fought for the freedom to practice religion, or a day for dumb ****s with a title, that mean shit, and who Catholics think possess magical powers?

While I appreciate all that veterans have done for this nation, and honor them for the sacrifices they have made, sometimes I like to remind them that having our freedom means people get to believe what they want, and get to make choices about what holidays to honor or not to honor, even if the rest of us do not understand their reasoning.

So when I get those facebook posts about how wonderful a veteran is, but you are a piece of dog crap if you don't share the post, I never share the post, even though I think the veteran is wonderful. That is what it means to be free. You don't get to dictate my conscience or freedom of expression and I don't get to dictate yours.

Thank you and all our veterans for protecting that freedom for all of us.

Last edited:
SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
As controversial as that may be Wood.....it's a very logical point. I maker the same remarks when people are forcing their ****ed up religion down my throat.....respect my beliefs and I will respect yours.

As for vets.....I try to honor them all year long!! One day is not even close to being enough.....there are so many commercialized holidays now and we lose sight of genuine appreciation of what should REALLY be celebrated. With that said....enjoy your day boys and girl vets......Happy VD :)

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
How you been DU? Happy Veterans day to you, ass hole. ;)

Happy Veterans Day, to my fellow veterans too.

I also have a Vet day rant. It seems to me the good wishes today are all generic. Meaning they are not to a vet, but just vets in general. My family is vet heavy, but I do not see the personal messages to them other holiday's get. Like Happy Veterans Day, Uncle Bob. Could just be in my life, if so good on all you. If you haven't though, try to thank a vet by name..

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Happy Veterans Day! you're greatly appreciated! thanks to all for your service!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic