Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Versa Gripps Appreciation Thread

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have been using Versa Gripps for about 18 months now and they make a huge difference in my back work. Not only does it aid in my grip and let me pull more weight (I know some don't see this as a plus, but I care more about my back than my grip), but it lets me use the thumbless grip on all my work and isolate the back better.

Anyone else use VGs and how have they effected your training?

flex-big.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't use that brand, I just use my wrist straps (harbinger I think?)... Is there an advantage to this particular brand?

(let the straps vs. no straps war begin in T-10, 9, 8....)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have been on the versa grip band wagon for about 6 months now. love them. took some getting used to but once i got them figured out, wow, great great product!

PoB-i used straps before and versa grips are way easier and better! they will cost you though about $52 a pair. but they will last forever. mine have a pink strap :D

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yes. Best $50 I have spent on training apparatus.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Been using them about 5 - 6 years now. Like them better then regular straps for some things as they do not cut that bad in your wrist.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Why do you use versa-grips for typing LK?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
how do they compare to hooks?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
how do they compare to hooks?

Never used hooks IC. Only straps and VGs. Maybe somebody else can weigh in who has used both. I would think VGs would beat them hands down but I'm biased.

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
I use hooks, too, because after so many years of typing for a living, my grip isn't always what it should be. I'm guessing that's a situation where you'd need to stick with the hooks?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I use hooks, too, because after so many years of typing for a living, my grip isn't always what it should be. I'm guessing that's a situation where you'd need to stick with the hooks?

my hands are very bad and my grip strength is nothing anymore :( very sad because after spending half of my life hand milking cows it was once very strong. but now im just lucky to be able to open a bottle of water. i find the versa grips to work perfect.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Don't think so. The VGs would probably work well for you. But if it's not broke don't fix it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic