RalfKelleh
What's New?

Vegan/vegetarian Q&A

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys,

Seeing as I get quite a few PM's about my diet I thought I would just start a thread, if any of you have any questions feel free to post them up and I'll do my best to answer them here.

Cheers MF :food-snacking:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
1380766_227411570751406_1431766730_n.jpg

Stankyleg

Stankyleg

Sep 5, 2013
What are your protein sources sir? Sorry. I see the pic now. I thought it was an ad. My bad

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
What are your protein sources sir?
legumes
split and whole lentils
beans (kidney, pinto etc)
oats
muesli
oat/rice/soy/almond milk
spirulina
mixed raw nuts
a decent quality rice, hemp or pea protein
quinoa
rice
inari
miso
chickpeas
avocados
tofu
tempeh
juicing with fruits & veges (beetroot, carrot, apple, berries, kale and citrus juice is awesome)
TVP (textured vegetable protein)
soy burgers, sausages etc
shitloads of fruit and veges, salads, greens etc.

Those are probably the main foods that I eat on a consistent basis, I honestly don't think I have any problems meeting my protein requirements.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
This is actually interesting, whats your stance on consuming whey protein? Have you ever looked into products like SAN Rawfusion?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
This is actually interesting, whats your stance on consuming whey protein? Have you ever looked into products like SAN Rawfusion?
I don't use whey as it isn't vegan; I use a pea protein isolate which is pretty good, covers all 9 of the essential and non-essential aminos and tastes good too. This is the one I use:

NUZEST_PROTEIN_LABEL.gif

CLP-A4Flyer_Page_1.jpg

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome thread mini!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Can you drink soda? Like the organic type?

What about sugar?

Did I see in the recipe thread you eat Salmon?

What type of desserts do you make?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Can you drink soda? Like the organic type?

What about sugar?

Did I see in the recipe thread you eat Salmon?

What type of desserts do you make?

He's vegan, he can't even eat honey, so I'm sure he's not eating salmon.

Forklift I don't get it, why be a vegan? Vegetarian I can understand but a vegan lifestyle doesn't seem very healthy at all. My cousin was a vegan for a while and ended up in the hospital. She was always a pretty girl and after being a vegan for a while she was pale and frail looking.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I eat a lot less meat now and a ton more veggies. I don't see me going vegetarian any time soon though.
I eat organic, grass fed, humanely raised, etc. and all of that good stuff. Only dairy is whey iso.
I'll throw in sprouted firm tofu into my rice and veggie plates. It's good.

My first roommate in college was vegan. He made some amazing meals!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
He's vegan, he can't even eat honey, so I'm sure he's not eating salmon.

Forklift I don't get it, why be a vegan? Vegetarian I can understand but a vegan lifestyle doesn't seem very healthy at all. My cousin was a vegan for a while and ended up in the hospital. She was always a pretty girl and after being a vegan for a while she was pale and frail looking.

Meat has cholesterol in it. In the past, each time I have had mine checked I've been on a high protein diet. Each time the results were my cholesterol was high.

Another thing, I'm not looking tobe a vegan, but I would like some alternative protein sources. I'm really tired of having to make sure the chicken or steak is thouroughly cooked.

It would be nice to have a protein source you dont have to wash your hands after touching. Plus I'm a germ a phobe.

You don't have to wash your hands after handling rice, or peanut butter. But after meat or fish I'll wash my hands twice sometimes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic