Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Upper/ Lower Split

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I just switched up my routine from a conventional split to an upper/lower split. Here's how it breaks out:

Schedule:
Mondays: Upper Heavy with rep ranges of 5-8
Tuesdays: Lower Moderate with rep ranges of 10-20
Wednesdays: Rest Day
Thursdays: Upper Moderate with rep ranges of 10-15
Fridays: Lower Heavy with rep ranges of 5-8
Weekend: Rest Days

My objective is to maximize both volume and recovery at the same time. I'll have 72-96 hours between all upper/lower workouts, respectively. It also has some components of the P/RR/S (Power/ Rep Range/ Shock) program, which is designed to hit all muscle fiber types.

Anyone else use an upper/lower split? I've done it a couple of times in the past with good success, but this is the first time with the varied load/rep ranges.

D

Dank

Nov 16, 2010
How many sets are you looking at for each work day?

Think I might give it a try.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
How many sets are you looking at for each work day?

Think I might give it a try.

You can check out my log in the journal section to see what I did the first 3 workouts.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There are PLing training schedules like that (upper/lower). I like to use a push/pull/legs schedule myself.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hey bro, i have done upper lower splits on many occasions, works well for me and a nice change of pace because i am able to concentrate mainly on legs, given that day. the only downside i have found to be is the time/energy consumption of the upper body.like brotheriron, i have found push,pull, leg, or push pull with legs falling into the push session a little less taxing.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Done it in the past. worked good for me then but like BI i prefer a push/pull/leg rotation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic