TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Interesting concept.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Cool idea. Something to try in the future.

I wonder how it helps with shoulder rehab?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
That's kind of how I feel with heavier weight. It wants to pull you away from your normal arch and you have to compensate. If I were a power lifter I would use this.

T

Theintermediate

Nov 4, 2013
I don't really see too much variation from using chains to be quite honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Interesting concept.

We have a bamboo bar at my gym. Its a westide thing. You hang kettlebells with bands off the ends of the bar. As you are pressing the bar is shaking all over the place and its a bitch to keep steady. The next day you shoulder joints will ache like crazy but in that good way. You definitely don't want to do them when you have a shoulder injury but some nagging pain will go away or be prevented by this technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
zeevolution

zeevolution

Sep 29, 2013
ive never seen a bamboo barbell in person before or heard of it until now. thats intense

T

Theintermediate

Nov 4, 2013
Did someone edit my post? I swear to god I didn't say that!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, there's no way I could do that with my shoulders.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I see that it would probably recruit just about every stabilizer muscle known and maybe a few new ones along the way....lol. My god the rotator cuffs would scream I would think with all that movement.

I think it could be very beneficial, done appropriately.

However this could easily cause an injury as well. Both from a soft tissue perspective but also in overall safety as well. The more you struggle, the more those dumbells are going to travel and bounce around. Could be a recipe for disaster? You'd certainly want to have a real good spot and be using contextually light weight.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It's a great idea...... to do with light weight...... not something to max out on.

We use bamboo or PVC bars and hang kettlebells or plates with bands.
It shakes a lot more with a light PVC bar than it does with even an empty bench bar, let alone one loaded with weight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic