Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Unicorns are real... People are fake

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Journal time !

I recently outfitted my garage with a power rack and some basic essentials... it's nothing fancy, but it is all mine.

I'm hoping to add to it over time, but sometimes the basic essentials is all you need, when you are just trying to add strength.

Hopefully keeping a journal will assist me in that strength quest.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Tue - 01/02/2018

Safety squat bar back squats -
5 sets of 4 reps with 300 pounds

done.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Wed - 01/03/2018

Cambered bench bar pendlay rows -
5 sets of 4 reps with 195 pounds

Paused flat bench - (alternated a close overhand grip with a wide reverse grip)
8 singles each grip with 260 pounds

I did chin ups in between the sets of rows and face pulls in between the sets of bench

done.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Wed - 01/03/2018

Cambered bench bar pendlay rows -
5 sets of 4 reps with 195 pounds

Paused flat bench - (alternated a close overhand grip with a wide reverse grip)
8 singles each grip with 260 pounds

I did chin ups in between the sets of rows and face pulls in between the sets of bench

done.

Pendlays.....niiiice

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Lots of snow removal and traveling the past couple of weeks... and booze.

I hit 540 pounds for a single on conventional deadlifts a couple of days ago... which is a p.r. for me... so 2018 is off to a good start.

Hopefully I'll get something worth posting in here soon.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
ANYthing about garage gyms is a subject of interest . . . . . a few here post about their current garage gyms, and many others either have had one in their pasts or are considering one in the future. There are almost as many dissatisfied gym members as there are commercial gyms.

Eddie Hall presently eats 540lbs, but there was a time when it was pr material for him.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
I seriously wish I would have pulled the trigger on a garage gym years ago... I love having my own little space to do whatever I want.

Eddie Hall gives me a non homo boner... dude is something from another planet.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I recently outfitted my garage with a power rack and some basic essentials... it's nothing fancy, but it is all mine. I'm hoping to add to it over time, but sometimes the basic essentials is all you need, when you are just trying to add strength..

You don't need much for a kickass spot... cage, platform, bench (which you can set up in the cage), some specialty bars, chains, and you'll be good to go.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
^^^ Agreed.

One item I splurged on was an SSB bar... every single gym on the planet needs one of these.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Quick session last night...

Paused Front Squats-
worked up to a single with 325 pounds... the pause was probably a solid 2 seconds long, but it felt like 10... it was a tough lift coming up with it.

I was going to do some other lifts, but didn't. :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Quick session last night...

Paused Front Squats-
worked up to a single with 325 pounds... the pause was probably a solid 2 seconds long, but it felt like 10... it was a tough lift coming up with it.

I was going to do some other lifts, but didn't. :)

Solid front squat. Do you perform these with crossed arms or Oly technique? If you cross your arms try it the other way and you'll add several lbs to your lift just b/c mechanically it'll put you in a better position (makes it easier to stay tight and upright).

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
I do the Oly technique... I tried crossed arms many years ago, and it felt awkward as fuck.

Front squats are my all time favorite exercise... my goal has always been to hit 405... it hasn't happened yet, but someday, it will.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic