Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Unicorns are real... People are fake

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Man, I'm envious. My flexibility limits my front squat. I can't hold the shit up there. My little brother has been working with me on it, so it's improving slowly. Also have a gigantic ass scar running from my bi up my shoulder where they sewed my tit back on....that adds some suck.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
^^^ Agreed.

One item I splurged on was an SSB bar... every single gym on the planet needs one of these.
100% in agreement.

A duffalo bar is a nice addition too. That bar absolutely made my bench skyrocket. And it was nice and easy on my shoulders and elbows to squat with.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
^^^ Agreed.

One item I splurged on was an SSB bar... every single gym on the planet needs one of these.
100% in agreement.

A duffalo bar is a nice addition too. That bar absolutely made my bench skyrocket. And it was nice and easy on my shoulders and elbows to squat with.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
The duffalo bar is nice... I've used one before... solid piece of equipment for sure!

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Deadlifted on Thursday... worked up to a double with 495.

Took Friday and Saturday off.

SSB squats on Sunday... 405 for a single, then four reps with 315... finished up with hammer curls and swiss bar floor presses.

Off tonight and then back at it on Tuesday.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
Not a bad session last night.... not exactly a good one, but not a bad one either...

Wide grip reverse grip flat bench press-
worked up to 325 for a single.

finished up with cable work... alternating between regular tricep pushdowns and stiff arm pushdowns.

right now, my flat bench is around 340 and my reverse grip flat bench is around 325... usually my reverse grip is stronger, but that does not appear to be the case anymore.

I may do some speed pulls and fluff back work tonight... stay tuned.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Not a bad session last night.... not exactly a good one, but not a bad one either...

Wide grip reverse grip flat bench press-
worked up to 325 for a single.

finished up with cable work... alternating between regular tricep pushdowns and stiff arm pushdowns.

right now, my flat bench is around 340 and my reverse grip flat bench is around 325... usually my reverse grip is stronger, but that does not appear to be the case anymore.

I may do some speed pulls and fluff back work tonight... stay tuned.
I've never considered pushing the weight up on reverse grip...looks interesting; may have to give it a shot.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've never considered pushing the weight up on reverse grip...looks interesting; may have to give it a shot.

Anthony Clark set a WR bench with a reverse grip... benched 735lbs.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
the only problem with reverse grip, is that you pretty much have to have a lift off from someone to get anything out of the exercise... if you try and do this exercise without help... it is not going to work.

a coworker of mine lifted with me last night, so that was helpful... I don't even fuck with reverse grip unless I have a lift off... and I know I could do them pin press style and push from the bottom up, but I personally hate pin presses... if I going to bench, I want to lower it and raise it.

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
last night's session:

Klokov Pulls-
worked up to 405 for a single... this was a fucking ball buster to complete... it kicked my ass.

klokov pulls are a snatch grip deficit stiff leg deadlift... the weight starts on the floor. I stood on a 45 pound plate to create the deficit.

I saw Dmitri Klokov do these on you tube awhile a back, and I sometimes work them into my training... I've never done 405 before, so I was excited to hit this.

I finished up with a bunch of hammer grip chin-ups and rear delt work.

R

Ryanatthegym

Jan 25, 2018
Great! Setting up your gym is a great start!

FW Haskell

FW Haskell

Jan 2, 2018
took Friday and Sunday off.

Saturday -
worked up to a single with 405 on regular, good old fashioned, Olympic bar back squats... I was quite surprised by how hard this rep was, but I never back squat with a regular bar, so that explains it... I mostly front squat and ssb squat, which works well for me, but if I want my regular back squat to go up, I'm going to have to start doing more regular back squats... (crazy concept, I know.)

finished up with some hang position high pulls and zercher work.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic