Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Uh Oh - Somebody pissed Mike Tyson Off!

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
Yep, no doubt Mike was a scary, intimidating fighter. As a human being, he is nothing more than a loser and an animal. He has been wasting oxygen for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
First off let me state that I am sure that Mike Tyson has done a lot of despicable things in his life, but I don't believe he raped that girl.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Mike Tyson has become a big embarrassment to the boxing sport and I sure wish he'd STFU once and for all.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Anyone here remember Tony Atlas' role in the early development of Iron Mike? Even before Kevin Rooney, Cus D'Amato had Atlas bringing Mike along. A female relative of Atlas visited the camp one day, young Mike groped her, Atlas held a gun to Tyson's head. Cus loved boxing so much and saw the potential he had in Mike that Atlas was fired, Tyson stayed, and prospered under Rooney. Most ppl are familiar with Atlas' Noo Yawk accent, if he didn't already work in boxing you would cast him in a movie about boxing, he just sounds "right." Rooney is all that and more, if you love the accent, or love to hate the accent, go find him on youtube, hardcore Noo Yawk.

I think you mean Teddy Atlas... & you are 100% correct. The early training staff of Tyson turned him from a street punk into a boxing machine. Look at some of Tyson's early fights... he was well trained, well disciplined in the ring.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone here remember Tony Atlas' role in the early development of Iron Mike? Even before Kevin Rooney, Cus D'Amato had Atlas bringing Mike along. A female relative of Atlas visited the camp one day, young Mike groped her, Atlas held a gun to Tyson's head. Cus loved boxing so much and saw the potential he had in Mike that Atlas was fired, Tyson stayed, and prospered under Rooney. Most ppl are familiar with Atlas' Noo Yawk accent, if he didn't already work in boxing you would cast him in a movie about boxing, he just sounds "right." Rooney is all that and more, if you love the accent, or love to hate the accent, go find him on youtube, hardcore Noo Yawk.

Yeah, and I saw where Atlas and Tyson finally appeared to bury the hatchet.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Agreed. But, who would be your pick with him and prime George?

Good question. I'm sure it would be a very interesting fight, however long it lasted.

They say that young George in his prime was also mentally fragile. I once read somewhere that his trainers would let him win in pingpong when they would play to relax at the end of the day while he was in training for fights. Ali apparently was playing mind games with him before the Rumble as well. And I've heard well-respected boxing trainers say that it's not physical fatigue that wears down an in-shape fighter over 10-15 rounds - it's mental, according to them.

If I was a betting man, I would have probably gone with a prime Tyson over a prime Foreman.

But who knows - the short and short armed Tyson could have suffered the same fate as Frazier. But I'd guess that perhaps Tyson's quickness and defense - squatting, peekaboo, etc would have kept him up and perhaps allowed him to win another fight against another tall fighter by decision or perhaps a KO at some point.

Hard to say. Ali and Frazier were pretty evenly matched and beat the hell out of each other over several long fights. Then Foreman destroyed Frazier. Later everyone thinks an over the hill Ali will also get killed. But he ends up knocking Foreman out.

Tyson vs Ali would have also been interesting. Ali is the one guy the experts were saying Tyson would have likely lost to back when Tyson was being called one of the very best ever in the late 80's.

I could see Ali being one guy who could have perhaps frustrated a prime Tyson to the point where he might have melted down during the fight.

Too bad we'll never get to see a prime Tyson against a prime Ali or Foreman.

I remember this taller, longer armed guy bragging after running from a prime Tyson for 15 rounds that Tyson "couldn't knock me out!" - this turkey only wanted to survive, not win.

Last edited by a moderator:
JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Video won't play :(

Agreed! In his PRIME Tyson was the greatest heavyweight ever period. By the time he fought Holyfield,Lewis etc he was long last his prime and just fighting for money. He wasn't fighting to be the baddest man on the planet anymore.

Once gus died and he fired his trainers and went with don king it was all over.

No one matched Tyson's power, speed, and peak a boo style/head movement was top shelf.

Watch his bio Tyson. He was/is very misunderstood man.

There were also a couple of good books written about him back in the late 80's:
http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Fear-Inside-Story-Tyson/dp/0446514853

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Intention...fined&sr=1-1&keywords=peter+heller+mike+tyson

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I think you mean Teddy Atlas... & you are 100% correct. The early training staff of Tyson turned him from a street punk into a boxing machine. Look at some of Tyson's early fights... he was well trained, well disciplined in the ring.

And I think YOU are being kind to me, crap, this shit's getting embarrassing, I already did a Buster Douglas/Buster Drayton in this same thread, and now this, FUGG. Yes, Teddy, I think Tony was a bodybuilder-looking Black man in the wrasslin' a few decades ago, if I can even trust this old calcified brain anymore.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
^^^^^^ DAYUM, JR, that Tyson-Atlas vid you offered has to be one of the greatest finds ever. I'm guessing that Mike was 18 maybe, and had walked out of training for a bit due to whatever frustration he had visited upon himself, and that Cus had nodded at Atlas to solve things. Wow. Reinforces the "what if" talk about Tyson had he remained with the original team, incl. the usually talked about Rooney, or the original original, Atlas. My wife is sick and tired of boxing after my yrs of trying to seduce her to the sport, but she was visibly affected by how Atlas handled a crying prodigy.

Anabolic Reality

Anabolic Reality

Jan 14, 2014
In order the be a "hall of famer" you have to dominate your sport for a specific period uncontested. Tyson did this. Is he the greatest ever? Probably not but very well could of been if it weren't for piss poor judgement and managing of personal affairs. I say **** the haters iron mike is a mother****er! Easily the most feared boxer in history! Easily the most violent. Easily the most entertaining! He is one of the greats whether or not you like him or respect his body of work. His best years were spent in jail otherwise who knows what could of
been.

MIKES MY MOFO

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
And I think YOU are being kind to me, crap, this shit's getting embarrassing, I already did a Buster Douglas/Buster Drayton in this same thread, and now this, FUGG. Yes, Teddy, I think Tony was a bodybuilder-looking Black man in the wrasslin' a few decades ago, if I can even trust this old calcified brain anymore.

Don't feel bad, bro... I'm right there with ya'. I can't remember much anymore either... the joys of getting older.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Maybe its not such a good idea to call him a convicted rapist to his face. Frankly the question could have been anything. Like"What flavor ice cream does a convicted rapist such as yourself eat, Mike?"

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic