VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Women's FlyweightAmanda Ribasvs.Rose Namajunas
HeavyweightJustin Tafavs.Karl Williams
MiddleweightEdmen Shahbazyanvs.A.J. Dobson
BantamweightPayton Talbottvs.Cameron Saaiman
FeatherweightBilly Quarantillovs.Youssef Zalal
FeatherweightFernando Padillavs.Luis Pajuelo

Not much here in this card but if you like lady fights, this one is one of the best matches.

Rose lost her last 2 by decision but won 3 in a row before that. Ribas is one win one loss in her last 6. 2 losses were by TKO, one by decision.

There are names that put on good fights. Tafa, Edmen, Quarantillo. But I do not know their opponents well enough to comment.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I will probably try and watch the main fight between Ribas/Rose....just to see how Rose looks since she went up a division.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I will probably try and watch the main fight between Ribas/Rose....just to see how Rose looks since she went up a division.
Yeah her problem has always been strength, her cardio and athleticism are great. Should be good.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Card wasn't too bad. I was home so I watched the main card fights.

Zalal put on a pretty good performance beating Quarantillo. He has some potential to do well, but we'll see as he faces stiffer competition. Quarantillo is a decent fighter though as well.

Talbott kicked the shit out of Saaiman for 2 rounds. It looked like a pro vs. an amateur, lol. I've seen Saaiman fight before, maybe it was his last fight, but i'm not sure since he doesn't have a wiki entry. He had a little hype going behind him, but Talbott stopped that dead in the tracks. I don't see Saaiman going very far in this division or the UFC at all based off of this fight. Talbott has potential to do some damage as he's a larger built guy with good movement.

Edmen was getting tuned-up by A.J. at the beginning of the fight. I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but Shabazyan has power and hurt A.J. and then took him down with GnP IIRC.

Tafa got manhandled. Guy is super dangerous on the feet with his power, but he looks totally lost on the ground, like super inexperienced. Karl was winning, then Tafa hurt him with a solid punch, but Williams was able to get hold of him for a takedown to regain himself and then continue to take over the fight again. Pretty much, if a guy with any ground experience takes Tafa down, then good chance they will win. Williams has some work ahead of him, but maybe has a path to be good. I'm bagging hard on Tafa, but he is a legit fighter, so a good win regardless for Williams.

The Rose/Ribas fight went about like I expected to to go.....boring 5 female fight. Some good technical work by Rose, but she lost a round or two. She easily won 3-4 rounds though for a decision. Neither lady was ever hurt. I feel Ribas could have had better coaching in the corner. I think it's her dad that is her coach, and all he would say is that she needed to work on knocking out Rose...as advice, lol! I mean, he stated to throw more kicks, and watch for Rose's overhand right, but not much more. Maybe i'm just being an armchair douche though:D Also, IMO, Rose will need to get better before making a run in this division. She looked slower for sure. I just can't get behind her entry of her shouting "I'm the best." It sounds stupid now, but hey, whatever works for her. And for the love of God, Pat Berry is annoying as fukk. I don't dislike her, but I just can't get past her douchebag boyfriend. DISCLAIMER::::: Yes, he would kick my ass easy, lol:D

Anyway, not a bad night of fights, but look forward to future events:cool:

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I missed it and forgot it was on bro.
Yea, if i were not home doing nothing, then I would have forgotten about it as well. I was on FB and seen Dana's "If you don't know...." post he puts up before every card and it reminded me it was on, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic