Members
Latest Member
jacobss

UFC on ESPN: Gane vs. Spivak sept 2

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
This one does not have many names on it. Gane vs Spivek is good. Gane lost to Ngannnou and Jon Jones. Spivek lost 1 in his last 5 to Aspinall who is really great. I think Gane wins but should be good.

Fiorot vs Rose: Fiorot has not lost since her pro debut in 2018 and has fought some top level gals but Rose is top 3 strawweight in the world She beat Weilei 2x. Should be good. Rose has a prob with grapplers. Carla Esparza beat her by holding her down.

The rest are just fights.

HeavyweightCiryl Ganevs.Sergey Spivak
Women’s FlyweightManon Fiorotvs.Rose Namajunas
LightweightBenoît Saint-Denisvs.Thiago Moisés
Light HeavyweightVolkan Oezdemirvs.Bogdan Guskov
FeatherweightWilliam Gomisvs.Lucas Almeida
BantamweightYanis Ghemmourivs.Caolan Loughran

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, i'll have to look up almost everybody else, except Volkan and Moises, who are also listed, lol.

This will tell us where Spivak is for sure. I'm actually excited to see this fight because if it were like 2 years ago, i'd have never thought much of Spivak, but since that time, he has been a different fighter. I don't think Gane has the mental toughness to fight Jon Jones and a few others. He is PITIFUL on the ground, too. I really liked him a lot until he showed a lack of a ground game. I don't think he will get much better either. He definitely has power, and agility unlike most heavie's. I'm sort of cheering for Spivak in this fight just so it throws in some new competition possibly for the belt. Should possibly be a good fight.

Super excited to see how this Fiorot/Rose fight goes. Is Fiorot going to keep climbing the ranks, and has Rose lost her way? Hopefully Rose's husband is not calling the shots!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yea, i'll have to look up almost everybody else, except Volkan and Moises, who are also listed, lol.

This will tell us where Spivak is for sure. I'm actually excited to see this fight because if it were like 2 years ago, i'd have never thought much of Spivak, but since that time, he has been a different fighter. I don't think Gane has the mental toughness to fight Jon Jones and a few others. He is PITIFUL on the ground, too. I really liked him a lot until he showed a lack of a ground game. I don't think he will get much better either. He definitely has power, and agility unlike most heavie's. I'm sort of cheering for Spivak in this fight just so it throws in some new competition possibly for the belt. Should possibly be a good fight.

Super excited to see how this Fiorot/Rose fight goes. Is Fiorot going to keep climbing the ranks, and has Rose lost her way? Hopefully Rose's husband is not calling the shots!
Agree with Gane. Ngannou took him down at will and is not a grappler. If Spivak wins he will jump in the ranks.

Rose's husband is Pat Berry, former K1 and UFC fighter. It is not like Rhonda and her fuck tard coach. Her main coach is Trevor Whitman who is a top coach. She is in good hands.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Oh yeah, this starts at 2pm cst.

It is in France.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Oh yeah, this starts at 2pm cst.

It is in France.
What is that in eastern time...or pacific?

lol.

Damn, 2 weeks in a row now with weird times. I definitely want to see this.

Also, I had no idea Fiorot was as tall as she is!!!:eek: She is a good 3-5 inches taller than Rose.....I totally thought she was way shorter, haha.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Okay, so the main event starts at 3pm eastern.....so 12pm pacific for me:)

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
What is that in eastern time...or pacific?

lol.

Damn, 2 weeks in a row now with weird times. I definitely want to see this.

Also, I had no idea Fiorot was as tall as she is!!!:eek: She is a good 3-5 inches taller than Rose.....I totally thought she was way shorter, haha.
3pm EST.

I may catch a few of the fights but i do not get home from training until 2 and I normally lie down with icepacks for an hour or two. Getting old sucks.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This Moises/St. Denis fight is effin' GOOD!!! Round 1 done!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Rose/Fiorot up next.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Gane/Spivak up next.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I can't think of a worse game plan than what Spivak put together and implemented.....tha fukk. That guy is not anywhere close tom winning a title.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
HeavyweightCiryl Ganedef.Sergey SpivakTKO (punches)23:44
Women’s FlyweightManon Fiorotdef.Rose NamajunasDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
LightweightBenoît Saint-Denisdef.Thiago MoisésTKO (punches)24:44
Light HeavyweightVolkan Oezdemirdef.Bogdan GuskovSubmission (rear-naked choke)13:46
FeatherweightWilliam Gomisdef.Yanis GhemmouriTKO (body kick)32:20
FeatherweightMorgan Charrièredef.Manolo ZecchiniKO (body kick and punches)13:51

Bro I think Gane ruined Spivaks game plan. The plan was to strike and when Gane came in go for a TD. Gane never rushed in. He just picked his shots and feinted A LOT! Spivak had to know he would be outstruck but Gane was having none of the ground. Gane is a Scary striker.

Fiorot is good. Will she be champ? Grasso and Shevchenko are ahead of her. I think either can beat her. Rose was visibly smaller and lacked the strength to fight at 125.

BSD vs Moisés, what a banger! BSD is a problem. But as stated Moisés was planning on competing a weight class down and down in strength but what heart. Fight of the night bonus winners here

Volkan is a beast! Guskov was a sitting duck.

Gomis did not impress me that much in his fight vs Yanis. Yeah he got the TKO but he was too tentative.

Charrière vs Zecchini good fight. Charrière was just better at everything. Multiple body/liver kicks for the win and a $50k bonus.

• Fight of the Night: Benoît Saint-Denis vs. Thiago Moisés
  • Performance of the Night: Ciryl Gane and Morgan Charrière
I watched the fights covered in ice packs. We do hula-hoop sparring. each guy has his lead leg in the hoop so you cannot move back. If a guy steps out he gets 50 pushups. 3 minutes in the pocket is a LONG time! My first guy was a leftie so we traded power shots the whole time. I never went with a guy who was even half my age. I am busted up but dammit is was fun even if I am not very good.,

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic