jacobss
What's New?

UFC on ABC: Emmett vs. Topuria 06/24

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Thanks BMJ!

Ogre, that is awesome! My son and I both like MMA as well. He grew up doing BJJ, boxing and Muay Thai along with me but quit all that when he found girls.
This picky sob is built like a damn Greek statue. Refuses to bag anything less than a 9. He's determined to find his match at a BJJ gym so he can have his cake and eat it too, literally

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Just watched weigh ins. Tomorrow is going to be some great bouts

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That Allen vs Silva was a BANGER while it lasted. LOVE THAT! Both fighters made a fan out of me.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
That Allen vs Silva was a BANGER while it lasted. LOVE THAT! Both fighters made a fan out of me.
You are quick, was just coming here to say the same thing, lol!!! Great fight with action. They went at it and both got good licks in. Allen took a big chance in fighting Silva, he is better than his ranking, imo.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Shit.... Ogre is actually there, lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Shit.... Ogre is actually there, lol.
I know! He is going crazy i bet!

That was a great fight too. Onama vs Santos, great ground work by Santos and great D by Onama then BAM! I had low expectations for this card but wow it is great. i just got home from training. I sparred with our fighters to get them ready for their matches in a few weeks. I just wanted a nap but damn I am glad I am watching.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wow, round 1 of the Barber/Ribas fight was good. Thank God! See how rd 2 goes, lol.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Holy crap!!! Damn, round 2 delivered! Fight of the night?

Can't believe i'm saying this, haha. Thoughts?

Fricken bloodbath!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Damn Barber is a fucking savage! Ribas is legit, DOG FIGHT! Best girl fight I have seen in a VERY long time.

Almost scared to think the main event will be even better. How could it?

Bummer on the eye poke in the HW fight.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Topuria is pretty good. He was in control the whole fight, just more controlled it seemed....although Emmett was still deadly until the bell with his power. Topuria didn't 'dominate' this fight like he did with prior fights.....err....meaning he didn't KO or sub Emmett, despite winning every round. If that made sense? He was more measured I guess is what i'm trying to say.

That said.....tha fook with the judging????

50-44, 50-42???, and 49-45???

What the hell is that about? Jesus, they are getting worse and worse.

It will be interesting to see if he gets a quick match for the title. I wouldn't be against it, but maybe set him up with somebody like Max Holloway first? Either way, he'll get a top 3 fight for sure.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah I took off after the fight to go clean the boat slip. I was gonna post first but forgot. Agree. Who were the judges? Saul D'Amato and Chris Lee for starters. I do not know the other judge was Eric Colon who scored the fight fair. D'Amato is a fucking tool., he scored the 4th round 10-7 for Topuria. I could see a 2 point round but a 3? WTF! This guy should be fired and banned from even judging kids TKD matches.

FeatherweightIlia Topuriadef.Josh EmmettDecision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–42, 49–45)55:00
Women's FlyweightMaycee Barberdef.Amanda RibasTKO (punches and elbows)23:42
HeavyweightAusten Lanevs.Justin TafaNo Contest (accidental eye poke)10:29[a]
FeatherweightDavid Onamadef.Gabriel SantosKO (punch)24:13
MiddleweightBrendan Allendef.Bruno SilvaSubmission (rear-naked choke)14:39

• Fight of the Night: Ilia Topuria vs. Josh Emmett
  • Performance of the Night: David Onama and Maycee Barber
Crazy night of badass fights when Allen vs Silva got nothing.

The top prelim with Magny had a few good parts but man, Magny is a wet blanket. I hate when I see his name on a card.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic