UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 -- 10/21/23

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Will be in Abu Dhabi again.

Main Card:
Islam Makhachev vs Alexander Volkanovsi <----was supposed to be Charles Oliveira 2
Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev <------was supposed to have been Paulo Costa vs Khamzat
Magomedov Ankalaev vs Johnny Walker
Ikram Aliskerov vs Warlly Alves <----was supposed to be Nassourdine Imavov:(
Said Nurmagomedov vs Muin Gafurov

Preliminary Card:
Tim Elliott vs Muhammad Mokaev
Mohammad Yahya vs Trevor Peek
Javid Basharat vs Victor Henry
Abu Azaitar vs Sedriques Dumas
Mike Breeden vs Anshul Jubli
Nathaniel Wood vs Mohammad Naimov
Victoria Dudakova vs Jinh Yu Frey
Sharabutdin Magomedov vs Bruno Silva

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Both Volkanovski and Usman are taking their fights on like 10 days out from their fights. I hope they are in shape so we see them at their best. I'll be honest, I think Charles Oliveira is scared to fight Makhachev. I think Islam is in his head. Charles was talking about how much he wanted a rematch, then when he got it, he was bitching about the fight, then at like 2 weeks out, he called out of the fight due to a cut. Paulo Costa is so undependable, i'd almost have somebody on the side anytime he agrees to fight. He pulls out of so many fights. He supposedly had arm or shoulder surgery this past week.

I can't wait to see the Volk/Islam fight. I can't call it either way. Volk had surgery 2 months ago, then had a child, but took this fight with only 10 days of prep for it. He stated he has been training, so props for him. Hopefully he avoids Islams body triangle. Hopefully he fights like he did in the 5th round of their last fight. Islam is a killer though man....soooo pumped for this fight!:cool:

Same with Usman, major respect for him taking this fight. I hope he is in good cardio shape. One thing to note is that it is only a 3 round fight! Usman had fought and prepped for like 10 plus 10-round fights up until now. He is coming in heavier I believe, so this is the question mark for me. Maybe he'll come in stronger though. So many unknowns. I love this fight though. This is the first major opponent, on paper, a real champion, that Khamzat will have fought in the UFC...outside of Gilbert Burns, who lost to Usman. Absolutely super pumped about this fight!!! I'm more pumped for this mathup than the Costa fight. The other factor is that Khamzat is a huge guy, so size and strength will be interesting to see. Usman is super strong, but we'll see.

Johnny Walker has looked really good in his last couple of fights. I don't think Ankalaev is a shoo-in for the win. I think this will be a good fight, unless one of the two gets clipped, which could happen. I may even go with Walker for the upset. I didn't think Ankalaev looked very impressive when he fought Blachowicz in his last fight.

Aliskerov should run right through Alves. It was a late opponent since Nassourdine dropped out, which would have been a good fight. Aliskerov is a beast, he is 14-1, with his only loss was to Khamzat back in 2019 when they were fighting in BRAVE. He got clipped right away in the 1st round, so not much to go on from that fight.

Said is a crafty fighter on the feet and good on the ground. He is coming off a loss to Jonathan Martinez, who is on a major streak and just won again this last weekend. I don't know anything about Gafurov...dunno. lol.

Undercard.

Elliott vs Mokaev will probably be a good fight. Elliott is good, but Mokaev is a killer and undefeated and blazing up the ranks.

I don't know many other fighters. Both Basharat and Jubli are undefeated. Nathaniel Wood and Bruno Silva are both solid fighters, but I don't know anything about their competitors. All the other fighters have no wiki bios:(

Reactions: SAD
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Actually, the Magomedov guy who is fighting Bruno silva on the undercard is a badass. I remember him now. Joe Rogan also just mentioned him recently about how he only has one good eye and is a badass. He is undefeated. Anyway, he has a dead eye that he lost from a prior fight in his career. I may try and watch this fight if I can sit down in time to watch it! I want to see him fight. Silva is a solid fighter too. It's the first fight on the undercard as an FYI.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hey brother. Out of touch for a a while on vacation. Yeah bro I have not followed current events or sports at all. Just got back yesterday and saw all the mayhem on the card. I am still stoked for it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
GUYS, this event has already started, it started early since it's in Abu Dhabi. They are still in the prelims though. Jsu an FYI!:cool:

Shara Magomedov is a monster on the feet with his kicks, but he has holes in his game, especially on the ground. He is very active on his back, but he didn't ever try to put himself in a better position to get back to his feet. He won the fight 30-27, but the judges are tripping because he lost the 3rd round for sure because he was on his back most of the round. I feel Silva did enough to steal that round. Bruno was hurt quite a bit in the fight, but Magomedov, took a few shots, but never was hurt. Will have to see more from him. Maybe they will put him in there with a ground guy next, wrestler or JJ opponent with decent standup.

Dudakova just won a decision to stay undefeated.

Wood and Naimov is about to start right now. This should be good.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Naimov defeats Wood by decision, 29-28. Naimov won rounds 1 and 2, and Wood took round 3. Wood made some small errors that cost him. He also waited until the end to let it go with the hands, mostly because Naimov had ground and fence control. If Wood would have had another 20-30 seconds, he probably would have KO'd Maimov though, lol. Wood will have to learn from this and stop losing rounds he should win.

Breeden and Jubli are next. Breeden's record is only like 10-6, so not sure what to really think about him, not a very good record. Jubli is like 7-0, and he is the first Indian fighter to make it to the UFC....if I heard it right. Breeden did not make weight (lightweight division) he was 3.5# over, lol.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
OMG, you have to be shitting me!!! Holy fack, LOL!!!

So Breeden lost the first 2 rounds and needed a finish in the 3rd. This guy came out and started barking like a dog and I swear Jubli looked scared like a deer in the headlights. I can't explain it, it was like he just shutdown. Breeden started picking him apart, and then KO'd hiom, Bwahahaha.

This was one of the weirdest things i've ever seen. Jubli just looked baffled and scared from the barking. Hopefully some of you other guys seen this?

OMG, lol!

Azaitar vs Dumas is next.

Abu Azaitar (14-3-1) and Sedrique Dumas (8-1).

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dumas won the decision 29-28. Close fight, so-so good of a fight, lol.

Basharat vs Henry up next. Basharat looks like ZOD from the old Superman movies, and Henry looks like a smaller Chito with his hair and beard, LOL!

Basharat is 14-0, and Victor Henry is 23-6.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Well that sucks. Basharat/Henry was a no contest decision due to a groin/dick kick from Basharat to Henry. There were no good replays of the kick. Basharat said he kicked the inner thigh and that it was a clean kick, but Henry was rolling on the ground in pain and took the whole 5 minutes. Henry was carried out, lol. Not sure if it was a legit bad kick due to poor replays.

Co-Main Preliminary fight:

Mohammad Yahya (like 12-3 or 8-3, missed it) vs Trevor Peek (8-1-1) is up next. It is one of Dana White's "If you don't know, now you know" fights to watch. This is a lightweight bout. Yahya is the first Emirate to fight in the UFC.

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Peak won via decision: 29-28, 30-27, 30-27. I think it was much closer than 30-27, the first 2 rounds could have gone either way, imo. Fight did not have the luster it was hyped, but was decent. Both fighters much more reserved and not wild, unlike their prior fights....at least for Peak, lol.

Main Preliminary fight up next:

Tim Elliott (20-12-1) vs Muhammad Mokaev (10-0-1)

Should be interesting. Elliott is ranked #10, and Mokaev #11.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic