Joannafit
What's New?

UFC 284: Makhachev vs Volkanoski -- 2/11/2023

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I am pretty amp'd up about the main and co-main fights on the card. The rest of the fights I either have no interest, or i don't even know who they are.

What are everybody's thoughts on who will be victorious....VOLK or ISLAM???

It'll be in Australia, so Volk will be the heavy crowd favorite for sure. I don't think that bothers a fighter like Islam though.

Here is the main card:
Islam Makhachev vs Alexander Volkanovski (Lightweight title fight)
Yair Rodriguez vs Josh Emmett (Flyweight interim fight)
Jack Della Maddalena vs Randy Brown
Justin Tafa vs Parker Porter
Jimmy Crute vs Alonzo Menifield

Prelim Card:
Tyson Pedro vs Modestas Bukauskas
Joshua Culibao vs Melsik Baghdasaryan
Shannon Ross vs Kleydson Rodrigues
Jamie Mullarkey vs Francisco Prado

S

ScottyP

VIP Member
Oct 23, 2018
Gonna be an interesting one for sure, i want Volk to win, got nothing against Islam hes done nothing but great on his way to the top, i just rather see Volk come out double champ

ill be tuned in for sure

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
After seeing what Islam did to Charles I am not betting against him.
hopefully Alexander has been training hard
And can test his limits

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Yes, been looking forward to this one too.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
yes its a tough call......if Volk can connect cleanly he has the power to end it but Islam isn't going to give him a chance and think it will be a wrestling match ......not sure Volk can stop his takedowns all fight....especially with the size difference.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
This one is a tough one, but I gotta go with Volk, although it is NOT going to be an easy fight for him.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, I haven't a clue on what to expect either. My questions are the same as everybody else's. I just hope both come in their best fighting shape and it's a good fight. It's hard to go against either one. I do question if Volk can overcome the size difference though, especially if it goes to the ground where he is on his back.

I feel this fight is a real treat because it's not too often where you see 2 guys at the top of their divisions square off against each other. Props to both, especially Volk going up a class.

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
These guys from Dagastan are beasts!!! I think Volk is a beast as well but I just don't think he can beat Islam. The guy is on another level...he is a sambo world champion and has been fighting since he was a little kid.
Would love to see Volk pull it off though

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I don't see Islam having any trouble in this fight.

Nothing to do with Charles though. He was just a transitional champion. Just the last to fall off from his generation, but not close to the best of his generation.

Short of Volk being the guy to solve the dagastani wrestling puzzle I don't see any chance.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
About to start right now!!!! Hell yea:cool:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic