Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

UFC 284: Makhachev vs Volkanoski -- 2/11/2023

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Pretty happy to be proven wrong on this one. Volk was the guy to solve the puzzle.
I might need to rewatch, but this is a crazy good fight and feels like an absolute robbery.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I might need to rewatch, but this is a crazy good fight and feels like an absolute robbery.
One judge had it 49-46! WTF?

Volk ended that fight strong. Islam looked beat up by the end of the fight, and Volk still looked strong.

There was a fight last week where a fighter lost because even though he had ground control for a whole round, he did no damage. Islam did no damage from the ground in round 4, and Volk was still more active despite in a body triangle. Islam just had him tied down for the whole damn round and did nothing.

This was a GREAT fight though. I hope they fight again. Props to both guys, major respect.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I think it was a good decision, Islam won. remember, when on the ground, going for a sub (Choke in this case) even if you do not get it is offense. Also look at punch stats Volk had his moments for sure. Both guys tough as nails.

Holy shit Yair was on fire! Emmet is no pushover with 5 wins against tough guys in a row. There are levels though. Max Holloway tuned Yair up, that was his last loss. Volk smashed Max.

Tafa STARCHED Porter, the beauty of that short right hook is amazing. Porter threw a winging left hook while coming in, Tafa stayed patient in the pocket and waited those micro seconds until Porter's head was just right and the shoulder was out of the way. BOOM, right on the chin and a short left UC to finish. One must set up a looping front hook with either a rear hand punch or a jab. If you throw a naked punch like this your chin is exposed.

I geek out on striking when you see there was nothing lucky about it. That was pure technique and timing. A fighter with incredible timing like Tafa can beat a quicker, stronger opponent. The opposite is Francis Ngannou, He just throws. If they land it causes massive damage but his striking, does not have any finesse.

Crute vs Menifield was a banger too. Crute can take a bunch boys!

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
I'm looking forward to Jones vs Gane. I like Jones but he hasnt fought in years and his last two fights really could have been L's.
Screenshot_20230212_094105_Chrome.jpg

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I think Jones will have his way with Gane. Jones has bulked up to be as big as a HW and his wrestling is really good. Way better than Ngannou's wrestling. When Ngannou faced Gane he used TDs to win.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
I think Jones will have his way with Gane. Jones has bulked up to be as big as a HW and his wrestling is really good. Way better than Ngannou's wrestling. When Ngannou faced Gane he used TDs to win.
Hopefully Jones can stay out of trouble this next month so we can see this fight

S

ScottyP

VIP Member
Oct 23, 2018
That was a close fight at the end i did think Islam won the fight, Volk thinks he won 2, 3 and 5, very debatable there, i think Volk was close to knocking him out at the end, wouldve been insane. The 49-46 judge can get fucked wtf was he watching

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That was a close fight at the end i did think Islam won the fight, Volk thinks he won 2, 3 and 5, very debatable there, i think Volk was close to knocking him out at the end, wouldve been insane. The 49-46 judge can get fucked wtf was he watching
Agree, Volk landed the big shots for sure but in a couple rounds Islam landed just as many and had the TDs and sub attempts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic