Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

TRT- oil with AI blended in

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
So I’ve been talking to a trt doc and they keep pushing adex blended into the oil, rather than getting me tabs.

is this commonplace? I get that it’s more dummy proof, but I don’t like the concept.

How do I know the ai is dosed appropriately for my needs? Everyone aromatizes differently. Everyone has different sensitivity to estrogen. I just feel they should be managed separately.

what are your thoughts? should I push for the adex tabs instead?

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
for referenc, the oil is dosed 200mg/ml of test and 0.5mg/ml of adex.

does that ratio sound about right?

script is 160mg/week of test so that would yield 0.4mg of adex at that dose.

…if done at 500mg/wk that would be 1.25 adex for the week

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Back in the day, RSOC added 1mg of adex to most of their products.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Here is the problem with the 200:0.5 mg/ml ratio. Not everyone will need that much, if any at all, and some will need more than that.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
Here is the problem with the 200:0.5 mg/ml ratio. Not everyone will need that much, if any at all, and some will need more than that.
That’s exactly my concern. The test is not cheap and I dont want to end up tossing and rebuying more product until it’s figured out. Mixing meds just doesn’t make sense to me.

I think I will push the topics on tabs. If they won’t do it, I may just move to another doctor.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I like my E2 to rise in harmony with my Test level. The only time(s) I had estrogen issues was running unnecessary doses.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I like my E2 to rise in harmony with my Test level. The only time(s) I had estrogen issues was running unnecessary doses.
This is it right here.

When it concerns test to estrogen levels, I have never actually needed an AI and that is even up to 1 gram of test. The only time AI is even factored into my own protocol is in contest prep when I want it on the lower end of average for most of prep, as I drop bodyfat easier in that range. Even then, a DHT at the right ratio usually puts me there. I don't bury it until the very end and need to dry out.

Most of my clients are the same. I do have a couple that need an AI on 150 mg of test a week. What I have observed, the fatties are usually the ones who need it. Just had one this week with labs that came back with a total test in the 700's and estrogen of 100 at 27% BF. I have had him in a calorie deficit for 2 months and he looked like he was getting fatter, so I had him pull labs. All other hormones were fine, but his estrogen was high. I told him to go back to his doctor and get an AI. Did a consult with one a while back who came back with estrogen in the 200's on 200 mg of test a week. He was obese. Was working with a guy at the gym as a hook up who had estrogen in the 120's and couldn't even get it to budge on pharma aromasin while he was on TRT. Told him to get on arimidex and dropped it to 93. He is around 25% bodyfat.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
ugh... very bad idea... while it's great there are so many clinics to get T now, they're too cookie cutter .. I get it, it makes it easier for them, can see more clients/patients and make more money, and in some conditions yes, follow the treatment algorithm, but when it comes to hormones at least, it has to be customized.

956Vette

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
Unreal how many clinics offer adex as a freemium, should be malpractice. If I were to larp a TRT doc, the .25mg adex tabs from the compounding pharmacy would be the only option made available. Regret the years I spent f'ing around with anti-estrogens, embarrassing....

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
AIs are a last resort IMO. The T/E2 ratio is key, not total E2. My E2 was 120 right after an inj, didn't check T but likely around 1500, not at all concerned, now an E2 of 120 with a T of 150, that would be a problem. I have always been from the camp that would rather manage E2 with addition of a DHT ester compound vs AI. Adding it to the oil doesn't equal the same release into circulation as T from its ester, two very different things.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
So I’ve been talking to a trt doc and they keep pushing adex blended into the oil, rather than getting me tabs.

is this commonplace? I get that it’s more dummy proof, but I don’t like the concept.

How do I know the ai is dosed appropriately for my needs? Everyone aromatizes differently. Everyone has different sensitivity to estrogen. I just feel they should be managed separately.

what are your thoughts? should I push for the adex tabs instead

I would stay away from using any kind of AI. Unless you are absolutely showing symptoms from high E2, all the AI is going to do is crash you E2 completely.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic