Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Training to much?

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
Is it possible to train so much that you get sick? I have noticed lately that I have had more colds, and getting sick more often recently, and it corresponds with the more I work out. Seems like on days I lift heavy and really exhaust myself, that I start getting sick. I know it sounds weird, but am I over training, and my body isnt recovering quick enough?

Anyone else have this issue?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Yes overtraining can run down your CNS in turn causing your immune system to go to shit opening you up to catching colds or whatever else is running amuck in the air.

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
^ true! I found even training 5 days a week with high intensity at night (8pm-10:00pm for myself) will cause an overtraining effect as I don't sleep well and have to be up at 6am. I won't heal as fast and generally feel like shit..

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Not to mention how nasty most of our gyms are... people wiping their nose then touching the bar over and over again... Plus everyone is sick this year

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
yea that is what I see, I try and train heavy every other day or so; get to the gym around 7:30 leave around 9 and dont get to sleep till 11 ish and up at 4:30.....repeat that a couple of times and I think it just wears me down after a while. Plus lately I have been very restless in my sleep, and not getting the quality I should be getting.

I thought it was me, glad to hear others have had similar things happen.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic