Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Training: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
This seems to be a recurring theme for me (stopping & starting a blog). Most days it seems that I do good to eat my meals, sleep half way decent and get my training in. Since I last wrote, I DID complete the half marathon (last weekend at 1:59--pheww) & still consistently kept a weight training regimen. I will say that the strength portion was much different than I was used to doing in the past-- because I combined several muscle groups on the same day to get my lifts & runs in, but it was still sufficient for my overall goal to complete the race. I took last week as a recovery week and did some activity, but nothing to really talk about. Sunday started my next little training adventure. During the next 4 weeks I will have 2 days that I will do 3-5 mile runs, one day of sprints & abs, and 2 days that include sprints (either running or spinning) & full body strength training of 12-15 reps, 3-6 sets. I wanted to do a more intense transition to possibly do a 10k towards the end of the summer & still shred.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Sounds like a good plan, keep up the great work. Let me know if you need any tips & tricks in order to knock out a good 10km time !!

Hope your week is going well MF.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Sounds like a good plan, keep up the great work. Let me know if you need any tips & tricks in order to knock out a good 10km time !!

Hope your week is going well MF.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I am definitely not a "sprinter" by any means, but enjoy running & what it can do for the body. I just found a track close to me that I can use for sprint work, etc. Any thoughts on a good track workout?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Any thoughts on a good track workout?
TBH the athletes you meet at the track could probably give you some better tips for the track than I could ~ it's the one area that I have never done any training with. Some good hard track training is however on my 'To Do' list for this year !!

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Week 1 was a success. It was very taxing, but well worth it. I am really enjoying the change of "pace" (haha pun intended) & the opportunity to work on some speed. Yesterday after I warmed up I jogged for 5 minutes, did 10 tread sprints at 12.4 mph/2%, then jogged (8:28 pace) another 15 minutes. Afterwards, I did a core circuit & stretched quite a bit. I've been trying to work on stretching more because I know that's def. a weakness on my part.

brooknichole15

brooknichole15

TID Lady Member
Dec 5, 2012
Alright, anyone have any thoughts on a changing schedule? I will basically be adding 2.5 hours to my work day (which was the time I was spending working out before shift). Basically, I open the gym back up at 11:30pm (it's closed from 9:30pm-11:30pm only) -10:30am Tuesday-Friday & then Saturday I work 8:30a-5:00p. Yep it's a weird schedule, welcome to my life haha. Anyways, I've been working out before shift-- say about midnight & then showering, etc. before work. Now, I literally don't have the opportunity because we can't work out in the facility when it's closed. I have been working out the past couple days after shift---- and I feel like my workouts are absolutely shit. This 50 hour work week will only be for the next month, BUT I don't want to be getting fat as f*ck in the process-- my body is stressed enough trying to sleep while the rest of the world does their thing haha.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic