Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Training Secrets Part 2: Back

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What are your training secrets for hitting Back and stimulating growth?

Some things to consider:
  • Are you a hard gainer with this bodypart?
  • Were you doing something that wasn't working but made a change that produced results?
  • Do you do high or low volume on this bodypart?
  • Do you do high or low reps on this bodypart?
  • Where do you place this bodypart in your split?

^^^ Don't need to answer these like a questionnaire... just some food for thought.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
For me, my key was developing the mind-muscle connection with back work. This bodypart is easy to move the weight without working the muscle, if you will. Weighted pullups and heavy rows have been my staple for growth. Learning to let my back do the work and not my biceps has been another key factor. And don't forget the squeeze at the top on rows!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
personally, i have to say that heavy deads have probably made the biggest difference in the mass aspect of my back.

bb rows and t bar rows i also think could really add mass the problem is that most people try to overload and therefore end up using more momentum and assistance muscles when doing these lifts and thereby negating a lot of the actual load placed on the back. used to do them that way myself, since lowering the weight and slowing down and really concentrating on the MMC i can get DOMS in my back every workout!

i know pullups are king for lats, i just cant do enough yet to get my lats to get big but im working on it!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Mind muscle connection... You beat me to it. It wasn't going well until I learned how to flex it. Deads and barbell rows are helping my thickness.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Mind muscle connection... You beat me to it. It wasn't going well until I learned how to flex it. Deads and barbell rows are helping my thickness.

Do you do pullups POB?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic