Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Training Log- Time to get STrong!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I feel like I haven't been on here in a while, missed you guys.

Life's been kind of crazy lately with work and school, and having to toss training aside for the time being.

I've already picked out my next meet which will be in October (Ft. Lauderdale FitExpo), and also my first USPA meet which I am already really looking forward too even though its like 8 months away.

This offseason my main focus will be to attack some weakpoints, adding some volume, and building some mass.

Today's Bench workout (had 45 mins to train before class)

Bench
135 x10

185 x10

225 x5

275 x5

Working sets (very minimal rest in between sets)

300 x5

300 x5

300 x5

Standing dumbell OHP I knocked these and the flys out super quick did maybe 30 secs rest in between sets.

25 x10

30 x10

35 x10

40 x10

40 x10

Dumbell flys

40 x10

40 x10

40 x10

40 x20

Nice little quick little workout, nothing too crazy and a little volume on he accessories which gave me a serious pump and felt awesome.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
That video brought back some great memories. Welcome back Kotter was my favorite sitcom when I was a high school teacher more than half a lifetime ago.

I'm considering what would be my first USPA meet, too, in August. The fed has a good reputation and is one of the few alternatives to 100% Raw, which dominates here in Virginia.

How much mass are you looking to put on? Are you considering a move up to the 181s?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Good to see ya back training and posting.

JoeFriday

JoeFriday

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2014
I have that song on my gym playlist. XD Nice workout.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
That video brought back some great memories. Welcome back Kotter was my favorite sitcom when I was a high school teacher more than half a lifetime ago.

I'm considering what would be my first USPA meet, too, in August. The fed has a good reputation and is one of the few alternatives to 100% Raw, which dominates here in Virginia.

How much mass are you looking to put on? Are you considering a move up to the 181s?
UncleAl
I plan on staying at 165 for a while. I just want to put on a little size and walk around a few lbs heavier. My weight has been in the low 170's forever. I'd like to get up closer to 180 and get a little stronger.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Good to see ya back training and posting.

Thanks BI. It's been hard not being able to train as often as I'm used to but it'll be worth it on the long run. Especially when I am actually able to put most of my focus on training rather than school.
JoeFriday
Thanks bro.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Great come back _3M_!!!

Good luck in prep. for your next meet!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks BI. It's been hard not being able to train as often as I'm used to but it'll be worth it on the long run. Especially when I am actually able to put most of my focus on training rather than school.

That's a concern of mine. I'll be going back to school in summer hopefully and between school, wife, work, etc... I'm going to have to reschedule my training. I hate to say it but I may have to train early morning (I'm not a morning person).

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
That's a concern of mine. I'll be going back to school in summer hopefully and between school, wife, work, etc... I'm going to have to reschedule my training. I hate to say it but I may have to train early morning (I'm not a morning person).
BrotherIron
I'm not a morning person either man, I tried training early a while ago when the gym was I was going to was like 30 mins from my house and it was horrible. I do have to say that I felt great afterwards though, but the waking up early part was not fun haha

Me personally I hate studying, right now I'm taking microbiology and chemistry II ( I ****ing hate chem, dont understand chem at all) but the only way that I can get myself to really study is by rewarding myself with being able to go to the gym. I won't let myself go to the gym until I get my shit finished. Sometimes I don't go to the gym just because I couldn't get everything done.

But ultimately its been helping me because when I do get to go train I'm not worried about having to rush through my workout because I didn't finish a hw assignment or something. Usually if I am rushing through a workout its because I decided to go to the gym before class.

I am sure that you'll find time to train regardless of how much stuff you have on your plate. I wish you the best with school and everything bro.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I loved Chem II. I suck at math but the nomenclature is easy for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic