Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Training Frequency on cycle

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
How does being on affect your training frequency guys? Do you still feel rest time is important? Training to failure? I've yielded good results not altering my usual routine.. just wondered if it would be a benefit to kick up the frequency due to the rapid repair and growth..

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I personally don't change anything when I am "on" verses off" training wise. IMO, you still need rest for recovery so I stick to two days off a week and I just mix it up between # of reps and sets. :)

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Good call, that's what I typically do myself!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Personally when I would be on cycle, it was full blown balls to the wall training. Usually lift about 5 days a week. But training sessions lasted about a hour and half, as compared to when I was off about a hour. Every set was almost to failure except warm ups.

gunrunner

gunrunner

Jul 24, 2013
While on gear I really jack up the protein and that seems to help with recovery a lot. But still you need to keep it reined in on the frequency. Off cycle I hit the muscles every 7 days and then on cycle I'm ok to hit the muscles every 6 days. I may try to hit the legs every 5 days on the next cycle but will proceedd with caution.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Higher frequency wins every time when it come to muscle growth. Train as many bodyparts as you can in a week as you can without slipping into overtraining. Don't let the fear of overtraining stop you...if you're getting enough rest and proper nutrition plus you're on aas its going to be tough to do.

Bubbagump

Bubbagump

Feb 28, 2013
I go by what my body tells me. If I still have gas left, I hit it. If its rest I need, I rest. Youll figure it out in a couple weeks once gear is kickin.

fit2blarge

fit2blarge

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2014
I go by what my body tells me. If I still have gas left, I hit it. If its rest I need, I rest. Youll figure it out in a couple weeks once gear is kickin.

This! I opt for light cardio on off days while on when I feel I have extra to leave at the gym

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic