Jul 29, 2014
  1. chest
  • (3) flat press
  • (3) incline press
  • resistant machine press
  • (3S) < bilateral shoulder aux.
  • (3S) DB flies (neut-sup trans.)
  • (3) barbel (wide) laying pull-overs
  • (1) DB (narrow) laying pull-overs (ease on shoulder/trap)

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
  1. back
  • (4) lat pull-down
  • (4) wide-row (neut)
  • (4) machine row (OHD)
  • (4) DB row [OHD-sup trans]
  • (4) rear delt on pecdec

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
hamstrings
  • resistant DL
  • (4S) < GM on SBR
  • free-motion leg press (start with 2, increment 45 lbs/side)
  • (4S) < adductors
  • single/double laying leg curl combo
  • (4H) < gluteal kickback

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice work!

For 2 years my arms never grew when training them on the same day as the larger body parts. I was stuck at 17.5 inches. Changed it up and trained arms separately on their own day and focused on isolation. My arms grew to 18 inches after just 2 months. Now I am back to training them in a push/pull/legs, but still sticking with the isolation movements.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nice work!

For 2 years my arms never grew when training them on the same day as the larger body parts. I was stuck at 17.5 inches. Changed it up and trained arms separately on their own day and focused on isolation. My arms grew to 18 inches after just 2 months. Now I am back to training them in a push/pull/legs, but still sticking with the isolation movements.
I had laid off of working arms and back to training them. Do you train biceps and triceps separately or do you train arms separate from other body parts?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I had laid off of working arms and back to training them. Do you train biceps and triceps separately or do you train arms separate from other body parts?
I was training arms with legs and found that my biceps would not grow, because my legs dominated my recovery. Triceps were never a problem, as they are another dominant area for me. Then I moved arms to their own day for a couple months, along with traps, another problem spot. Biceps and traps grew. Now I separate biceps and triceps in push/pull. I have only done this for a couple weeks now, so we will see how it goes. People say I look like I am 10 lbs heavier now, but I am actually the exact same weight, so I would say something is working.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I was training arms with legs and found that my biceps would not grow, because my legs dominated my recovery. Triceps were never a problem, as they are another dominant area for me. Then I moved arms to their own day for a couple months, along with traps, another problem spot. Biceps and traps grew. Now I separate biceps and triceps in push/pull. I have only done this for a couple weeks now, so we will see how it goes. People say I look like I am 10 lbs heavier now, but I am actually the exact same weight, so I would say something is working.
that's cool. I am going to apply that and see what happens. I also have this spreadsheet that I downloaded and it's a squat and chest or squat and something...I want to use my squat suit for that type of training. I was going to do arms today, but decided to go ahead and train shoulders. I had take a couple weeks off; will explain in my next post coming soon....

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
After a couple of weeks off for some PT and adjustments for my right side, decided to train shoulders. No issue, just dealing with soreness but that has been diminishing with the number of adjustments I've had in the last month (4), it's taken almost as long to recover from the strain from misaligned as I did dealing with it for 1.5 to 1.75 months. Have one more weekly adjustment left for next week.
  1. shoulders
  • standing smith press
  • (4S) < lat. shoulder aux.
  • lateral DB raise
  • (4S) < supinated lateral DB raise rear delt
  • DB front delts
  • (4S)< laying DB rear delts

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
After a couple of weeks off for some PT and adjustments for my right side, decided to train shoulders. No issue, just dealing with soreness but that has been diminishing with the number of adjustments I've had in the last month (4), it's taken almost as long to recover from the strain from misaligned as I did dealing with it for 1.5 to 1.75 months. Have one more weekly adjustment left for next week.
  1. shoulders
  • standing smith press
  • (4S) < lat. shoulder aux.
  • lateral DB raise
  • (4S) < supinated lateral DB raise rear delt
  • DB front delts
  • (4S)< laying DB rear delts
Bad shoulders come with time. If you stay in this game, it is not if my shoulders will start having issues, it is when. Gym rats tear their shoulders up just like guys in the military. Ask any guy in the military that has been around 15+ years and just about every single one has had surgery or needs it.

Basically, what I am trying to say, do what you can without further aggravated them. I stopped flat benching altogether and steep inclines are a no go as well. I like the 10-30 degree incline or declines. For pressing I stick to machines or do Arnold's. For some reason the turn on Arnold's is right where the impingement would start, so I can avoid it with the rotation.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
outer quads & calves
  • low place leg press (outer quad)
  • < leg-press calf raise
  • << in-situ lunge w/OHD qtr
  • (4H)<<< seated calf raise
  • (4) low foot-placement hack squats (Tom platz WO)
  • single/double leg ext combo
  • (4S) < sissy squats
  • abductors
  • (4S) < seated angled calf ext

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
  1. chest
  • flat press
  • (4S)<lateral shoulder aux.
  • incline press