jacobss
What's New?

TP v. TPP

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'd like to get people's view on the difference between test prop and test phenyl prop (sp?)

As I understand it, TPP holds in solution much better so that it works well in blends or at higher concentrations than prop.

But isn't the ester pretty long, and if so, it's not fast acting like prop? Seems like test prop or test ace would be preferred when running it alone, and TPP would only be used in blends. And yet I've seen it as a stand alone. Any input would be appreciated.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Imo anyone shooting tpp 3x per week is doing themselves a disservice. It's closer to enanthate than propionate so those frequent injects are just getting you lower peak plasma levels over time. 2x per week is perfect.

Tommy I just like it because my body reacts horribly bad to prop. Painful swelling and shit it's awful. SHINE went over it with me and said I am allergic to the propionic acid. So sustanon is out for me. But there are some cool blends now with tpp tc and tu that I want to try out.

Holds at 150mg no issues. Prop is 100 without extra nasty solvents. I usually stick to long esters just because at my doses of test on a good bulk comes with a good volume of oil.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
IMO tpp is dumb.
It's like 5 day half life so it's not a short ester or long ester.

I like prop or e normally.
I honestly don't see much need for short esters except for the very end of cycle. Or if I'm on tren.

I use prop with tren a cause I keep my test between 150-300 per week on tren. So I'll mix it with the tren oil. So it's like .5ml - 1ml 3x per week, not bad.

I use e with Everything else. 2x per week.

Then I do like suspension for the weeks leading up to pct. So example if u start pct 3 weeks after your last long ester shot, now you can use suspension for 2 of those 3 weeks n get a bit more out of cycle.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Sometimes I have to inject 3 days a week anyway because I don't like injecting too much oil at once, so prop wouldn't really change my frequency.

PoB, For the most part I agree with you, but I keep reading pros, even the ones using moderate doses, still recommending the cycling of esters, even test. I haven't strayed from Test E and C for a very, very long time though.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sometimes I have to inject 3 days a week anyway because I don't like injecting too much oil at once, so prop wouldn't really change my frequency.

PoB, For the most part I agree with you, but I keep reading pros, even the ones using moderate doses, still recommending the cycling of esters, even test. I haven't strayed from Test E and C for a very, very long time though.
I hear the same thing from the older guys too about switching test esters. Then they get into the nonsense about receptors and I start walking away. In my opinion their notion that your body somehow becomes used to the ester would more accurately be described as your body getting used to the training stimulus or calories.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic