Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Too much protein ?

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
How's this to determine if you get too much? After a meal, you take a big ass shit. Seriously, I think this can help you determine if you're taking too much.

But I understand Big Cat is a guy who knows his stuff, but I don't agree with you on this. So the guy who takes in 10 000 cals a day while dieting from just protein won't get fat? C'mon...

Yes it's a bit far fetched, but it's just to prove a point.

There are other variables to take into account also, whether the person is "natty" or "enhanced" as a person who is enhanced will obviously be able to "use" more. I would guess everyone is different in terms of what their body can handle, but I rmemeber Dr. Layne Norton saying natties don't need more than 300g, but Doctor Scott Connelly said the higher the better, you just have to see what your body can handle.

Also a better marker to see if you are taking to much protein would be urine not pooping :) I don't know if you guys have ever gone to the doctor with a female and then have them due a urine test, then the results say "you have protein in your urine".

And for the OP there is one study about protein harming kidneys, but it was done on people that had renal problems to begin with, so that wasn't a well designed study.

Last edited:
N

neocon1

Jan 24, 2012
60 grams of protein around your workout isn't going to hurt you at all....
snatchito as always was right on par with an excellent post, I'd post up ur weight age and bf percentage. and than ur diet and have people look at it. if u don't have an exact diet that's fine, but post a general idea of macros. I think that's the best way for more experienced members like snatch and shine to point u in the right directions. and don't worry about protein being too high. It's not uncommon for many of use to hit 400-500 grams a day or 100 grams in a single sitting.

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
How's this to determine if you get too much? After a meal, you take a big ass shit. Seriously, I think this can help you determine if you're taking too much.

But I understand Big Cat is a guy who knows his stuff, but I don't agree with you on this. So the guy who takes in 10 000 cals a day while dieting from just protein won't get fat? C'mon...

Yes it's a bit far fetched, but it's just to prove a point.

If you eat 10.000 calories from just protein you die. Nobody manages to eat 'just' protein.So what happens is the carbs and EAA in your diet promote insulin response which then incites adipose cells to store more cirulating fat. This is what makes you fat. This is also why on diets we tend to reduce carbs because carbs promote carb use for energy, and basically tell fat stores to store more, and maintain fat. This is very simplistic, but I figured thats the best way to explain it. Biochemically there is simply no way an amino acid can turn into anything remotely related to fat.

60 grams of protein around your workout isn't going to hurt you at all....

True, but it is likely to be wasting protein.Research in healthy trained individuals has shown that 3.4g of leucin on top 16.6g of whey promoted no more muscle protein synthesis than 20g whey. Other researched showed a plateau around 25g of whey after which excess protein was just wasted. Considering weight and metabolism differences its wise to work with an excess of protein, around 30-40g depending on weight for your workout shake, but more than that likely won't be doing much.

This is the reason why you need to increase your number of meals. Forget that bull about raising metabolism, as research also shows that 3 meals or 6 meals makes no diff whatsoever in fat lost on an isocaloric diet. The reason is that post-exercise increase in muscle protein synthesis can last 24-48 hours, meaning meals consumed after are still beneficial, directly, to muscle growth. But there is a limit to what will aid MPS at any given time. by spreading your protein across multiple meals, especially if you consume faster digested proteins, will support MPS more than concentrating it in fewer meals.

Last edited:
SoldierBull

SoldierBull

Aug 2, 2012
Is there such thing???

Protein is pretty much all I think about....

Daily thought process; protein, weights, protein, sex, protein, protein, get to $$work$$ so I can buy more protein, sex, sextein, sleep.. And then dream about protein....

Real Talk right there...

Cyber2Knight

Cyber2Knight

Aug 20, 2012
Protein is not only used for muscle remodelling its used in many other bodily processes as well. So yeah, if you are a bodybuilder/athlete high protein consumption is recommended. ;)

C2K

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic