Latest Member
Blackenalma
What's New?

Tony Stewart kills driver

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Tough to tell from that video but it looks like Tony tried to turn his wheels left as the guy was running towards the middle of the track. Whether or not that was to spray him with dirt or try and get out of his way we will find out soon I'm sure. Either way it's a terrible accident that will change the lives of 2 families forever.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Tough to tell from that video but it looks like Tony tried to turn his wheels left as the guy was running towards the middle of the track. Whether or not that was to spray him with dirt or try and get out of his way we will find out soon I'm sure. Either way it's a terrible accident that will change the lives of 2 families forever.

what way would you turn the wheels to avoid hitting him? If you turn right you hit him, go straight you hit him?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I mean I could see him in the video just fine don't know how in person u couldn't see him.

Rule #1 in a crash in a race get off the track or in this case stay in the car. you definitely DO NOT walk out on the track unless you really are Superman, apparently Ward wasn't. Just plain dumb. Ward just let his anger get him killed, he should have known better.

There's limited view in those cars and at race speed? No way he could have avoided hitting him only question is would it be the front or side of the vehicle

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
On a dirt track, if you hit the throttle and you turn left, you go right, if you turn right, you go left. Some people were making some assumptions based on that, but, at that speed, the physics change, so he turned the correct way with the throttle if he did hit it to help turn. No charges have been pressed against Stewart.

As for whether he saw him or not, he was probably focused on the car when he came around the turn, and didn't realize he was actually standing in the middle of the track until to late. That, and you can see him walking to get in front of him too. Just plain stupid.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya that makes sense if he's standing in front of the car on a dark track he's blended into the background of the car...
maybe In the future if a driver gets out when he's not supposed to all cars should be ordered to stop an that driver disqualified.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Thought caution flag went out when there was an accident?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Thought caution flag went out when there was an accident?

They do but they don't stop and no one is going to think a guy is going to literally jump in front of their car.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
They do but they don't stop and no one is going to think a guy is going to literally jump in front of their car.
We'll they damn sure don't go full speed. Isn't tony known for dumb bullshit?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
We'll they damn sure don't go full speed. Isn't tony known for dumb bullshit?

He has quite the temper as well. He's throw his helmet a time or two at passing cars. lol

Nov 5, 2011
I dont think he could have just hit the brakes. The cars behind him woulda slammed into him. Even under caution cars are going a decent speed.
Do they wear the hans device in sprint cars? Your peripheral vision would be pretty limited

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I don't feel like he was meaning to kill him but I think he tried to do somethin be it sand blast him or scare him but it backfired.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic