Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tom Prince dies at 52

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Read that this evening. He had a lot of potential from what I remember hearing about during his prime.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I wonder if he ever got a kidney transplant? I feel like I was in the middle of it all back in 2002 through 2005 at muscle mayhem forums ran by Chad Nicholls. It was a big deal back then as some top pros posted there. I was a super mod there until 2007 when the board died off. Tom attacked anyone that disagreed with him sort of like Phil hermon did in his hay day at professionalmuscle. He was one of the heaviest hardest training pros out there. He went into kidney failure in 2002 and competed one last time at the night of champions in 2003. I don't think he finished the show. He stated at the time he was taking 20% of what he usually took as he listed his cycle total as 1500 MG a week. So five times that is a lot. He claimed he destroyed his kidneys taking 8 to 10 advil 2 to 4 times a day. He also was a big nubaine user as reported by those that knew him. Taking all that shit for joint pain. I imagine the gh and anabolic were high too but the advil was probably the nail in the coffin. After 2004 his removed himself from bodybuilding and was managing apartments and real estate sales. The few times I talked to him he was completely different really nice guy and wouldn't talk about bodybuilding at all. I always wondered if he got a transplant rumors were a family friend donated a kidney. RIP.

Attachments

• download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 63
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 60
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 55
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I saw the post that said he was battling cancer.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
That guy had the potential to go all the way if he did not run into those kidney issues. He really turned himself a 180 after his kidney issues. Like MG stated, he went into real-estate, and never really looked back into BBing. All I know is that 52 is WAY to young tom die. Hope he rests in peace though.

O

onedieselboy

VIP Member
Jan 18, 2012

96 USA's...gnarliest physique to grace the stage.....crazy how this physique took second to Titus......

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, sad story — kidneys were fucked. Heavy abuse took its toll.

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
He had cancer. That and a genetic kidney issue. Nothing to do with steroids. Which is usually the case. Nobody dies as a direct result of steroid use. And diuretics aren’t steroids. So those who have passed from using those like Mohammed Benaziza years ago it’s not the same. Anyway that needs to be clarified when someone loses their life. First thing people say is steroids. And if someone does happen to have issues from steroids is usually cause of an underlying health issue to begin with.

Very sad to see anyone pass way before their time. He was involved in a lot of other things with his wife and still was very successful without bodybuilding. I know I saw a video with him two years ago and he looked so sick. Face drawn in.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Bodybuilding must be the most dangerous sport out there based on how many people we see die.
But its never the steroids, it's always something else they say. Amazing how many bodybuilders have an underlying condition right.

Its like nobody dies from drinking and driving.
They die from blunt force trauma when they have an accident.
So just continue to drink and drive, its not killing anyone you know.

The media makes steroids out to be worse than meth and the boards make them out to be as safe as vitamins.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Yes I remember him from FLEX magazine.

He said he would do tricep press downs with the whole stack on the lat machine and take 5 minutes between sets and piss off everyone who wanted to work back.....then he would freeze dixie cups of water to aid his aching joints.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic