Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

To those who think Genetics determine size?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
At that level of BB. When I hear Genetics I think Shape at their super Size.... You can take 50 different top pro 300lbs BB's with 2% BF and they will all look different. Genetics on how the Muscle belly is shaped, Waist and joint sizes, balances and even the way the AB's are laid out make a difference. That part is Genetics.

Like comparing Branch Warren and Victor Martinez. Victor has better Genetics.

Flex Wheeler as of 2015
Flex went through some series medical issues with his kindeys and personal demons. He went through a very dark past.

10374917_760226410696006_5403118276670137807_n.jpg

Their is also a University Study done with BALCO he was once in... Interesting results.

Flex was a participant in a study we recently conducted in collaboration with the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh involving 62 men who made unusually large gains in muscle mass in response to strength training (extreme responders). Flex was one of only nine extreme responders that had the very rare “myostatin mutation.” Myostatin is the gene that “limits muscle growth.” Specifically, Flex had the rarest form of myostatin mutation at the “exon 2″ position on the gene. This simply means Flex has a much larger number of muscle fibers compared to the other subjects or the normal population. We believe that these are the very first myostatin mutation findings in humans and the results of this landmark study have already been submitted for publication. Flex was also found to have a very unusual type of the IGF-1 gene. In fact, Flex was the only participant in the study that did not have a “match.” All of the other extreme responders had at least three other subjects with a matching IGF-1 gene. Based upon Flex’s very unique genetic profile, we plan to expeditiously publish a scientific paper that reveals his complete genotype in specific detail. The publication of his remarkable genetic data should generate an enormous amount of media exposure.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
I thought long and hard about it... how can Woddy Allen end up in nasser's size. then i realized what kills the competitive BB's career, health damage and injury. If one can stay healthy and injury free then i think all can attain size of Victor Martinez's size with enough drugs. doesn't mean they'll look like BB's.
I agree...everything being equal, Body building contests are simply... who looks the best...ie, a beauty contest...
I'm just taking muscle size in general.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
It's nonsense of course genetics determine size

this is the reality :

genetics determine = how you respond to training , eating and yes drug use

just because they stopped using and have shrunk down doesn't mean what the article suggests ... If it were as easy as using drugs and training (most of us have done) we would all be 250-270lbs but not close trust me I've tried .. Largest I ever got was 245lbs and it was NOT lean and I was heavily cycling ... Just not in my cards, never will be
And have you used large amounts of HGH and Insulin?
The guys in the 80"s for the most part didnt use HGH like today.
Bodybuilding like any sport is about how much money and time you can invest into the sport.
Again the point I'm making is the difference in size from the past, compared to present day elite BB'rs.
Genetics hasn't been a factor so why are today's pros bigger than the 80's pros?
Nutrition? training? supplements? Have those really changed?
There is no other explanation to the size increase other than the increase of HGH/insulin and I believe that mega dosages of roids is as well a big factor in todays pros.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic