Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

tilapia good or bad for you?

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I have decided to try and eliminate protein powders from my diet and try and replace it with fish or something. I tried tilapia and it tastes pretty good but the more I research it, the more confused I get on it's benefits. A lot of sites say it is actually worse for you than red meats. What do you think?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Can you link me to where it says that it is factually bad for you?I have never heard this but then again I live under a rock nutrition wise.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Some of the farming conditions are pretty bad and metal contaminants in some fish are to be avoided as well... But otherwise, like RR said, I'd like to read this first hand.

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I have read that many bodybuilders eat tilapia like crazy while in show prep and cutting.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Last year I was eating around 1.5-2lbs of tilapia every week. The good thing about it is that it can be eaten really quick because of its texture. Different seasonings make a big difference too so you dont get burnt out so quickly. It is definitely a better option than canned tuna.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I will supplement with omega 3 as well.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It pretty much takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with so it is very versitile flavor wise like Mpress stated.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I have decided to try and eliminate protein powders from my diet and try and replace it with fish or something. I tried tilapia and it tastes pretty good but the more I research it, the more confused I get on it's benefits. A lot of sites say it is actually worse for you than red meats. What do you think?

its a good clean protein the problem is farm raised is crap. its actually a garbadge fish. the ghetto people down here fish the canals for the. you dont want anything from the canals here. your better off with white fish or cod if you can get ahold of it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic