Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Three months in.....

R

RoyC85

Nov 23, 2011
I've been doing push ups, crunches and lifting weights for about three to four months now and I've seen minimal results. I am starting to take shape but it seems like a couple of days after I work out, it keeps turning to fat. I've been working out to lean and tone up, but it just seems like the workouts are making me bulkier and the muscle only seems to stick for the day I work out, then the next day or the day after I just get flabby or something.

It's weird. I can see a toned shape forming but the muscles just seem loose.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I not eating right? Is it because I am not consuming the right amount of protein or taking the right kind of multi-vitamins.

I only take protein the days I work out? Should I be drinking it every day to stay in shape?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Sounds like your on the right track but need alot of diet help & help with your workouts. Yes protein intake is an important part of everydays diet and the off days when your recovering.
Sounds like you need to add cardio 3x week.

what's your stats age and all?
Welcome to TID.

sounds

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
diet diet diet is what makes us flabby and makes us feel flabby.

as shine said whats your stats and what is your diet?

R

RoyC85

Nov 23, 2011
Thanks guys. I am 27, 5'10, about 180-185 lbs.

So the diet seems to be the problem?

R

RoyC85

Nov 23, 2011
I don't eat fast food or any sort of junk candy, lots of salt/sweets type of thing, but I don't starve myself on a diet of rice cakes either.

I eat whole grain rice and chicken or fish. Lots of beans.

I also eat a lot of peanut butter for breakfast on whole grain toast.

I eat a lot of nuts and dried fruits as a snack.

For dinner I'll have either steak, corn, and asparagus or chicken, beans and rice.

dinner is usually the meal where I slack off a bit and have potatoes or pasta.

Yogurt for dessert.

R

RoyC85

Nov 23, 2011
I think I figured out the problem. I've added a lot of peanut butter to my diet. A peanut butter sandwhich every day for the past month, and I've been lathering the peanut butter on thick.

I've noticed I've gained a lot of weight since I started to have a lot of peanut butter.

Haven't had it the whole week and I feel a lot slimmer.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I think I figured out the problem. I've added a lot of peanut butter to my diet. A peanut butter sandwhich every day for the past month, and I've been lathering the peanut butter on thick.

I've noticed I've gained a lot of weight since I started to have a lot of peanut butter.

Haven't had it the whole week and I feel a lot slimmer.

Very well could be since there's alot of extra fat in PB

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
How many meals per day do you eat?

What is the macro nutrient breakdown of each meal? (how much protein, how much carbohydrate, how much fat)

R

RoyC85

Nov 23, 2011
Probably too many carbs, not enough protein, low fat.

3 meals per day

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic