Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Those of you with lower back pain..

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I do stiff dead lifts Dorian Yates style for hamstrings not to heavy any more because I'm in pain the next few days.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Honestly if you back is injured you can pretty much kiss heavy deadlifta good bye unless you want to f up your back even more. I know, I did it.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I use a trap bar for training. And inversion table immediately after.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013

Strongly agree. The hex bar/trap bar is great and although I don't have access to an inversion table, I do hang from the pull up bar.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You need to strengthen the area without over stressing it. Try using a reverse hyperextension.

Also, I'd suggest trying sumo pulls.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Honestly if you back is injured you can pretty much kiss heavy deadlifta good bye unless you want to f up your back even more. I know, I did it.
I'm with you on this one. After a serious back injury it makes you gunshy and that can lead to a slip in form and bang, you're fooked again. I don't go over body weight anymore and usea trap bar and that's good nuff for me.

Got a inversion table about 5 years ago and it's a can't do without for me. After any lifting,after work and in the am I'm hanging like a bat for a few minutes everyday. ,

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
why has no one asked WHAT is wrong with his back. Was this a real injury as in a herniation, or did you just pull something that was really painful in your back and now you have scar tissue?

Do you know the underlying cause of how you injured your back? Are your hips mobile enough to let your lumbar region of your spine move freely? (ie, can you get to a low enough starting deadlift position without any posterior pelvic tilt?) Is your psoas too tight, short, or weak to support your hips? Most of the time when someone injures their lower back it is from a severe imbalance of something in the lumbosacral region.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
i gave up on all that shit, even with the help of painkillers, shots, and chiro....i'm able to function day to day, but not actual weights.

i had one 11mm herniated disc from the Army. Got some shots and it shrank to 3mm. Started going for the weights again (squats mainly)...within 3 months i had 3 herniated disc (and a random 4th halfway up my back).

2 years off and lots more shots and it's down to 2 discs...i finally said screw this and only use machines and cables now (with the exception of light side and front raises).

that's just me...being 253lbs 5'10 doesn't help, though.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
i gave up on all that shit, even with the help of painkillers, shots, and chiro....i'm able to function day to day, but not actual weights.

i had one 11mm herniated disc from the Army. Got some shots and it shrank to 3mm. Started going for the weights again (squats mainly)...within 3 months i had 3 herniated disc (and a random 4th halfway up my back).

2 years off and lots more shots and it's down to 2 discs...i finally said screw this and only use machines and cables now (with the exception of light side and front raises).

that's just me...being 253lbs 5'10 doesn't help, though.

People that don't have back injuries can't grasp the impact it has on your everyday life, even simple shit like getting up and out of a chair or your car, sucks. To me it seems the more doctors ''help'' you the worst it gets, I did the same and do what works for me now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic