Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Those of you with lower back pain..

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
How do you guys work through to a heavy deadlift? I hurt mine about 2 years ago and still to this day it hurts to do much volume or much weight on deads. Can only handle about 3 sets before it's too weakened. I can,do sets with 315, and can probably still pull a but over 400, but in,comparison to the time I've put in and compared to my squat and bench it's a tiny ads weight. any one have personal experience on how to truck through?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
A lot of stretching and warming up

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I have a herniation between L4-L5. I only dead sumo and never hyper extend at the top. I use bodyweight hypers to warm up.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I just cant most days. As stated above, I used to be able to sumo pull though. Let's just say, my leg and lower back workouts is just a big cluster of shit.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I just cant most days. As stated above, I used to be able to sumo pull though. Let's just say, my leg and lower back workouts is just a big cluster of shit.

so what do you do in place of?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
so what do you do in place of?

My back can't handle hardly any resistance, so I focus on mostly body weight exercises. Hanging leg raises, Ab wheel, planks, supermans etc is what most of my core work looks like.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
if you have t-rex arms with stiff hams and hips, that's a worst combo for conventional style deads. your back may be rounding and causing strain.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
if you have t-rex arms with stiff hams and hips, that's a worst combo for conventional style deads. your back may be rounding and causing strain.

My arms are actually pretty long, but so is my torso. I fall in the middle where I could do either I suppose. I may just suck it up, get some knee sleeves, and go back to sumo

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
I have a herniated L5 and still lift heave as ****. I've found lots of foam rolling. Warming up properly and using a good belt with perfect form makes all the difference. Biggest factor is don't max out. If you can't do 5 solid reps them youre going to heavy. If you have back problems as I do them perfect form is key when doing deadlifts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic