Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

The SECRETS to MONSTER CALVES!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Disagree with the high reps- It may be good for variety. I can use my own experience before I ever used gear- after 10 years of regular natural training- I simply went over board on poundage - using partials, cheat reps and supersets with 6 reps per exersize and in 3 months natural after ten years of training put 3 inches on my calves. Now I just rotate the intensity- I may do a period of high reps, but I need a machine that goes up to at leat 1000 pounds or I feel nothing. Many gyms now dont have this- but I have a place where donkey machine goes up to 1500, standing machine goes up to 1200 and a second standing goes upt to 750 but it has place to add more plates. he calves are like any other muscle you need to overload them. High reps are just doing what you do every day of your life- therfore heavy is needed

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
For me calves have never been a weak point but when I wanted to make them a stronger point jack shit happened but that changed when I changed my training protocol for them. I agree with Ketsugo. I will add you can can do high reps but as Ketsugo suggested you need extremely heavy weight. Focus on the negative to many ****ers just bounce if it doesn't burn like hell you are doing something wrong. I also pause at the bottom before contracting upward.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I hit my calves 2 years with the priority principal, grew 1/4'' but became vascular as hell,I threw the kitchen sink at them but genetics had other plans, no secret formula.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I'd like to see some calf pics. I tore my calf when I had the worse cramp in my life (I've only had a calf cramp 1 time before). I was told to flex the calf in the direction, I believe I pronated (pushed down like going on your tippy toes). That hurt alot, but now I have a dimple in the calf that help with a little definition. My calves looks small because I have big ankles and feet for someone 5'6'.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
See there you go you have many people find ways . Therefore you try them and see what works best. Sometimes it's the variety of trying them all, but usually straight strict sets just don't work - you need higher heavier partials negs . I used to do this nautilus multi machine - where the stap goes round the waiste I'd go 15 heavy standing , then when I could not budge I'd use my hands grab bars and do forced by pulling then bend over take the weight off my upper body and do donkeys burn like hell. Then other days cheat and do 800 pound 10 reps. For both natural and gear fiend there is such a thing as the cheating principle to make it longer and more intense not to make easier. But at the end when you can't go straight no more

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic