Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

The Road to NPC

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I agree that an adjustment in your split would help. My advice would be to hit legs 2x a week. Focus on quads and calves one day. Then focus on hams, glutes, and calves the next legs day. You have some nice size to your legs and as you get leaner they will look that much better. But if you hit 'em 2x a week they are going to explode.

Here is my split. My old lady actually designed it and we love it.

chest
back
hams, gluts, calves
rest
shoulders
arms
quads, calves
rest

It's an 8 day split so things don't always land on the same day of the week. When I want to get leaner I just skip one of the rest days and it becomes a typical 7 day split.

Last edited:
jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Awesome advice dude I will talk to my coach and see what they think.. I personally like this idea Bette than what I have been Doing

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Will be starting your recommended split Monday with 1 rest day

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Awesome! Just a note here... On a quads focus day do not completely isolate out the hams and vice versa. In other words, you could do close stance squats on quads day but it will still work your hams. You could do wide stance squats on hams day and it would still work your quads. Don't stop doing the big compound movements in order to isolate.

ps. I love 20 reps per set. I've been doing 5x20s on my legs days. I'll go heavy one week e a month or so. Stimulate those babies, don't brake 'um.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Ok I am going to stick with 1.5 smith squats so 20 rep sets are really like 30... Already had been alternating stances but now I will just do that twice a week narrow and wide ... This is gonna suck!!! And by suck I mean work ****ing awesomely!!! Lol

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Can anyone guide me as to the best option for estrogen blocking or binding to lower free estrogen while trying to get into the low single digit bf level??! Aromasin/adex or exemestane etc

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Personally I notice a huge gain and pump throughout the week when I do legs first because of the hormone release. Good luck and can't wait to follow your progress.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Adex does jack shit for me. I use stane. It's strong so dose low. for 750/week test 12.5 eod should be pleanty.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Good luck and lots of respect I did my first Npc show in May. Hang in there and again best of luck

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Awesome! Just a note here... On a quads focus day do not completely isolate out the hams and vice versa. In other words, you could do close stance squats on quads day but it will still work your hams. You could do wide stance squats on hams day and it would still work your quads. Don't stop doing the big compound movements in order to isolate.

ps. I love 20 reps per set. I've been doing 5x20s on my legs days. I'll go heavy one week e a month or so. Stimulate those babies, don't brake 'um.

Updated my split in the first post... didn't change much movement wise but lmk what you think

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
It looks good. I think you will be able to handle more volume than this but it's a good starting point. Can't wait to see what you think after a few weeks.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Maybe I will up the vol but right now this is pushing it with the lethargy from t3 and Sdrol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic