Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

The Program

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Hook grip? Chains? Westside? Who the fuck is this guy? Lol.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Man I'm sorry GA I missed your post or I would of responded.
First off thanks Brother.
As for the template I'm easing into it trying to find what weights to use for a set weight. This is a big spectrum since it encompasses straight weight, bands, and chains.
Eventually I will know what weights to use for all those parameters and incorporate a better wave approach. Be careful with the bands use, it will lead to tendonitis. Just rotate it with straight weight, chains or use them for reverse band training this is kinda like benching with a Ram. Coming off GVT my CNS is less than optimal so have left a lot in the tank with weight choice.
Now for the pulling I find that pulling every week is less productive. I'm focusing on the GHR now then will switch focus to goodmornings. You may find rotating in training DL's works perfect for you, just keep track of what works and doesn't. Really focusing on my Squat right now I will switch the focus after the next deloading phase but squats will still be a staple. I expect to see a 550 pull in the next wave.
Just being conservative and explosive, haha Kind of an Oxymoron there. That's been my focus starting WS.
Amped about benching tomorrow but the plan is 325 shirted for 5-7s of triples believe I can do more but want to focus on form and being explosive.

Thanks for the heads up on tendinitis. That shit is no joke! No chains allowed in my gym so it'll be bands and no bands alternated.

Those GHR are murderous!
They have my hamstrings cramping up like crazy. Shows me they're working the right muscles though.
Good mornings suck man... I'm not looking forward to it.
I wanted to add another day in so I decided to roll with the regular Westside template.
Looking forward to following alongside you.
325 bench triples is beast mode. Get it!

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Bench ME
Bar-20,20 Hands inside ring two finger width
95-15
135-5
185-3
225-3
285-3
Overkill
325-3,3,3,3
345-3
Hands out 1 bd
370-1
390-1

Push downs just for stretch & flood.
3s

I can't touch with this light of weight yet. Not Rudy's fault, at the time I had him make it for a 450 bench so just need to get back there.
I blew it today, plan was to put in the sets reps with 325 but it just felt too easy so I took it to 390 before it started feeling heavy. Wanted to save the singles till after deloading this cycle.
That was fun day of pressing, nice to have some weight back in my hands.

Last edited:
Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Hook grip? Chains? Westside? Who the fuck is this guy? Lol.
You have dragged me out of the Power Rack where I use to do curls and kipping pullups brought me to where I am now. lol
I've been wanting to run this program for a long time, so far its been worth the wait.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for the heads up on tendinitis. That shit is no joke! No chains allowed in my gym so it'll be bands and no bands alternated.

Those GHR are murderous!
They have my hamstrings cramping up like crazy. Shows me they're working the right muscles though.
Good mornings suck man... I'm not looking forward to it.
I wanted to add another day in so I decided to roll with the regular Westside template.
Looking forward to following alongside you.
325 bench triples is beast mode. Get it!

I'm loving this Routine although not following the template in its entirety. Necessary evils to an end my friend. I actually like GHR's, Good mornings make me a bit nervous.
2013 is filled with PR's for our taking!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Templates are great to get your bearings but a lil tweak here and there isn't going to derail you as long as you are hitting your percentages and reps. Glad it's working out for you!

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Hawk; I just wanted to be very conservative on this program and believe that was a mistake going up that high. I've watched many people train with great success and to me they aren't pushing it with as high of percentages as I have in the past. Need to be machine like with the movements and pick the right percentages, the higher percentages will be there if I follow this plan.
I'm back to thinking anything is possible with time.

Squat/ DE Chains box
125-5,5
125 chains-3
145 chains-3
215-3,3,3,3,3,3

Leg Curls
140-15,15,15,15

Leg Ext
160-15,15,15,15

Will do abs later
Box squats were to a lower box an inch or two below parallel focused on being explosive, weight was irrelevant.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I completely agree....maybe i should reword my post....templates or programs are great but a little tweek here and there isnt going derail a program. Missing reps or completely changing %s could. But switching from 80% to 70% so that one can continue to train....isnt a deal nreaker.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Bench DE
Bar-20,20
95-10
135-3
155-3
180-3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3 very quick

DB Flats
70's-12,12,12,12

BOR's
185-10
205-10
225-15,15

2Super mini's Push Downs
2s

Rolling DB Ext.
30's 3s- high reps

Maj Swole, good training day.
Cardio last 3 days working on conditioning for whatever reason I put on weight when doing cardio.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Squat ME Rev Avg Band height 1" below parallel
165-8
255-5
305-3
345-1
395-1
440-1
490-1

Deficit Pulls off 100lb plate in shoes about 5"
225-3
315-3
365-3
415-1
455-1

Incline Situps
10r-3s w/ 35lb plate

That was probably a little too much block height for pulls? Idk got my hips pretty low into the pull. Probably just use a 45lb plate next time with shoes. Very pleased with squats hitting depth now where use to be a few inches high on all my squats before and the weight has been moving up steadily.
I really need to get on top of the diet, pushin 240. I'm sitting here typing starving thinking about what to eat next.NG

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
^^^ Heavy-ass day my dude.
Planning to be super sore?! Good call.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
^^^ Heavy-ass day my dude.
Planning to be super sore?! Good call.
I'm not to beat up if anything my knee's are getting beat up all the biking for cardio then two squat days a week. Lower back is a little tight, hips, legs, traps in that order but really I feel good. Wanted to see where my pull is today was feeling strong again off the bottom. GVT just fried my pulls.
Thanks GA

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic