225 x 3
275 x 1
Shirted
315-2,2,2,2,2 Hands in 2 fingers from ring

Comp Grip Middle finger just inside ring 2 bd
335 x 3 really fast
365- 3,3

Push downs for flood 20+ reps inner outer grips 2s

Been looking forward to this for seems like weeks really surprise at the starting point. Not going to use any higher weights till everything feels easy(relative term). Was a bit unsteady with the comp grip probably bc I haven't had my hands out that wide in a long time, the second set was better than the first.
Great session.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Going to have to start warming up the hips more and incorporating some stretching for them as well.
Saw those Squats of yours glad to see you back under a load again then the thought DOMS followed after looking at your day.

Yeah, not a bad day, honestly the most creaky part is still the patellar tendons but but I do lunges less than I squatted....lol. So...like never. LOL. Anywho, just stuff I have to endure and do. Getting stronger is what I want so I just stick with the program and stay dilligent.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Box Squats DE
Bar 10,10
125 x 8
165 x 3
215 x 3
235 x 3
255 3,3

Deficit Pulls w/Chains 75lbs
225/Chains 3
275/Chains 3
315/Chains 3,3,3,3,3

GHR's 15

Incline Situps

Gunz
3s

Wanted 365 on pulls but to keep the speed up decided to stay lighter.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You're crushing Westside!
Box squat vid looked nice and your Deads are beastly. Good shit!

How do you like the DE days where you squat and pull? I have only been rocking with three days a week but wanna up it to four once my bands come in (very excited).

The templates kinda confuse me on the DE squat/dead days because they usually only show what squat stuff to do.

Always a pleasure to check in here - Happy New Year!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
2013 is gonna be the year of Excessive!!!!:aparty43:

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Happy New Year Big Man!

Training is moving North, liking WS, Can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the Volume and swell of GVT. Sounds like this Cube thing is a hit so far?
Trained the boy tonight, he is finally getting his form down on bench. This has been the biggest challenge so I expect to see his training really take off now.
When we were down there the 315 w/chains was still loaded on the bar had a brilliant idea to test my hook grip one hand at a time. Took it for a ride twice lost some skin on the thumbs and inner thumb areas. Hook Grip rules!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Happy New Year Big Man!

Training is moving North, liking WS, Can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the Volume and swell of GVT. Sounds like this Cube thing is a hit so far?
Trained the boy tonight, he is finally getting his form down on bench. This has been the biggest challenge so I expect to see his training really take off now.
When we were down there the 315 w/chains was still loaded on the bar had a brilliant idea to test my hook grip one hand at a time. Took it for a ride twice lost some skin on the thumbs and inner thumb areas. Hook Grip rules!

Many say the hook grip, once you toughen up the area and get used to it, is like pulling with straps. As for the Cube Method, I think it's a solid program so far, but definitely you lack the volume of GVT, but honestly, I think changing up your routine from time to time allows you to shock your system.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Once I figured out my thumb wasn't going to tear off I'm really starting to see some real double OH pulling potential here. I can see why they say that it's similar to a strap, with pain sensors. lol
Agreed, Switching training focus can renew drive.
All this band work has made my elbow sore again its been several years since I had tendonitis but it back very mild but its there. Switched to chains bc of this.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Bench DE chains 75lbs
Bar x 10,10
95 x 5,5
135 x 5
135/w chains 3,3,3,3,3,3,3

Tate Presses
4s 10r

Decline Skull Crushers stretch/flood
105 x 12-18 x 3

Noticed an increase in bar speed/explosiveness, nice!

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Squat ME
165-5
215-3
255-3
305-3
345-3
395-3

Fronts
135-10
155-10
185-8
225-8

Leg Curls
160-12
170-10
180-10

GHR's

Wish I could Oly style Front Squat, could of easily done 275 for reps today. Decent w/o.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
You're crushing Westside!
Box squat vid looked nice and your Deads are beastly. Good shit!

How do you like the DE days where you squat and pull? I have only been rocking with three days a week but wanna up it to four once my bands come in (very excited).

The templates kinda confuse me on the DE squat/dead days because they usually only show what squat stuff to do.

Always a pleasure to check in here - Happy New Year!

Man I'm sorry GA I missed your post or I would of responded.
First off thanks Brother.
As for the template I'm easing into it trying to find what weights to use for a set weight. This is a big spectrum since it encompasses straight weight, bands, and chains.
Eventually I will know what weights to use for all those parameters and incorporate a better wave approach. Be careful with the bands use, it will lead to tendonitis. Just rotate it with straight weight, chains or use them for reverse band training this is kinda like benching with a Ram. Coming off GVT my CNS is less than optimal so have left a lot in the tank with weight choice.
Now for the pulling I find that pulling every week is less productive. I'm focusing on the GHR now then will switch focus to goodmornings. You may find rotating in training DL's works perfect for you, just keep track of what works and doesn't. Really focusing on my Squat right now I will switch the focus after the next deloading phase but squats will still be a staple. I expect to see a 550 pull in the next wave.
Just being conservative and explosive, haha Kind of an Oxymoron there. That's been my focus starting WS.
Amped about benching tomorrow but the plan is 325 shirted for 5-7s of triples believe I can do more but want to focus on form and being explosive.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic